It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg severs ties with Dick's...........
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Congrats to Mossberg for having the guts to severe ties to Dick's, wish other manufactures would follow, based on American Rifleman news.

Shoot what you like, like what you shoot, it's that simple!

Post subject: Re: Mossberg severs ties with Dick's...........
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Wow. Mossberg cuts off Dick's... who'd have thunk it :)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

I hope every manufacturer of firearms, ammo and accessories does the same.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Mossberg and Springfield Armory. Two top tier gun manufacturers.

Screw Dick’s and their Field & Stream. Let them try to survive on overpriced gear tibsoccer moms and Dads.

Don’t they realize that no real sportsman will buy fishing or hunting gear there again??? Much less Yeti gear; which none of us will buy.

Near me is a dicks. And they ARE dicks. And a Cabelas. And an Acadamy. I will NEVER go into a Dicks Sporting Goods again. Even though I have some coupons and points built up.

And my family has lots of Yeti stuff. My company bought Yeti coolers and Ramblers for like 60 of us at Christmas. Seriously, we are all shooting and hunting enthusiasts. You can bet we will never spend a penny on Yeti gear again.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:34 am 
Field Grade

My prediction is we will see Dicks and Field & Stream announce they will no longer sell any firearms. They keep doubling down so it makes sense that when the gun industry pushes back they will try to head it off to appear to take the moral high ground.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:58 am 
Tournament Grade

If Dick's follows through with your prediction, it would really be cutting off their nose to spite their face. In my State, the folks that buy the shotguns, rifles and ammo, also buy the bows, arrows, camo clothing, treestands, blinds, etc. as well. they might as well just sell golf clubs and other sporting goods items, and just get out of the hunting business all together. This would not bother me at all. I have not stepped foot in one of their stores in over 5 years, and there are two within 30 minutes of my home.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The part you guys don't understand.

Dick's don't care.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:36 am 
Presentation Grade

Why is Dick's so hard up for "mainstream" approval? Dick's must be hanging with the far left. Dick's should just pull out of the gun business already. I could go on but will stop there.

"If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."
-Mel Brooks

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 am 
Limited Edition

What's odd about it is that Dick's started out as a gun and fishing tackle shop. The original Dicks was a really great place to shop. When they opened their second (larger) store the original shop was carrying other items (clothing, shoes) but the focus was still shooting and fishing sports.
After they started to expand outside of the home market the focus shifted.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:45 pm 
Limited Edition

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:

Dick's don't care.

They might not but their shareholders certainly do and they are sucking hind tit.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:50 pm 
Limited Edition

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
Mossberg and Springfield Armory. Two top tier gun manufacturers.

Screw Dick’s and their Field & Stream. Let them try to survive on overpriced gear tibsoccer moms and Dads.

Don’t they realize that no real sportsman will buy fishing or hunting gear there again??? Much less Yeti gear; which none of us will buy.

Near me is a dicks. And they ARE dicks. And a Cabelas. And an Acadamy. I will NEVER go into a Dicks Sporting Goods again. Even though I have some coupons and points built up.

And my family has lots of Yeti stuff. My company bought Yeti coolers and Ramblers for like 60 of us at Christmas. Seriously, we are all shooting and hunting enthusiasts. You can bet we will never spend a penny on Yeti gear again.

Same here on those fronts. I drive past a dick's alot and it is always dead, like two cars in the lot dead.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
hey might as well just sell golf clubs and other sporting goods items, and just get out of the hunting business all together.

Around here, they sell a LOT of golf, exercise and youth sports stuff - all high-margin items with no Fed regulation or political stigma attached. Lots more golfers and soccer moms than hunter/shooters in their customer base..

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:19 pm 
Field Grade

Sears and K-Mart quit selling guns and hunter gear, both are washed up now..Dicks will be in the bankruptcy side before long

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 am 
Field Grade

SirSkeetsALot wrote:
Why is Dick's so hard up for "mainstream" approval? Dick's must be hanging with the far left. Dick's should just pull out of the gun business already. I could go on but will stop there.

You Sir, have won the Interwebz for the next MONTH! It is important to use the power of the tongue on Dick's to let them know who is boss. No doubt they will shrivel and wilt away.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:51 am 
Field Grade

sharpside0000000 wrote:
My prediction is we will see Dicks and Field & Stream announce they will no longer sell any firearms. They keep doubling down so it makes sense that when the gun industry pushes back they will try to head it off to appear to take the moral high ground.

Not sure this is right: or is there ANOTHER Field& Streams?

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-and-stream-is-not-affiliated-with-dicks-sporting-goods

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:40 am 
Tournament Grade

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:

Dick's don't care.

Oh, yes they do ... they care a lot about the money. Without sales, these companies fail to exist, their leadership gets fired and their shareholders go broke. The best “vote” we have is where we chose to spend our money (or not). Gun sales alone probably won’t hurt Dick’s or F&S enough to make a difference. But, sales of all other merchandise to gun owners would make a huge difference. Kudos to Springfield Armory and Mosberg for standing up! I’m with them.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:15 am 
Crown Grade

Y-man wrote:
sharpside0000000 wrote:

Not sure this is right: or is there ANOTHER Field& Streams?

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-and-stream-is-not-affiliated-with-dicks-sporting-goods

There is “Field & Stream”, the Magazine. Probabaly 100 years old.

And then there is Dick’s Sporting Goods, which also has a second chain of branded stores named “Field & Stream”.

What the article is saying in the link you posted is that there is a NO connection to F&S the magazine, and then F&S the stores which are owned by Dicks.