It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tip of the hat to Bill Schwarz in Ellijay Ga (n.ga)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:59 pm 
Field Grade

In between working on some high end guns for other clients, Bill has worked on a few of my vintage, lower end SxS guns to tighten up the actions and open chokes, all at very reasonable prices. The work was done properly and with fast turnaround.

I recently took a set of barrels from an old German SxS to be rust blued. The barrels had very small, delicate lettering on the top rib (maker's name) and almost microscopic lettering on the breech end of the barrels ('Krupp Stahl') along with small wedges of scroll, the type of stuff that gets damaged or ground down by some gunsmiths during the bluing process. All of it came out sharp and unscathed, and the barrels have a new deep rust blue finish, done in a timely manner and at a reasonable price.

Wanting to give credit where due, based on my experience Schwarz Firearm Restorations does quality work, and on top of it Bill is a nice guy and easy to deal with.

Post subject: Re: Tip of the hat to Bill Schwarz in Ellijay Ga (n.ga)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 am 
Presentation Grade

Thanks! I'm in the southern part of the state. Any contact info? I have a great one here but would love another opinion/option

Post subject: Re: Tip of the hat to Bill Schwarz in Ellijay Ga (n.ga)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:55 pm 
Field Grade

67galaxie wrote:
Thanks! I'm in the southern part of the state. Any contact info? I have a great one here but would love another opinion/option

706-276-7668. I haven't seen email for him, and haven't asked, although he may have it. He's about 90 minutes away and I always just drive up to drop off or pick up.