It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Identifying 20GA SPA Luigi Franchi
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I needed help identifying this shotgun. SPA Luigi Franchi. I asked the company and they said that due to it being imported from someone other than them, they couldn't help with finding out the model, mfg date, etc. Any help is appreciated. This is my first post, so bear with me if I've missed anything obvious. Thanks, Rick

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/golde ... slideshow/

Post subject: Re: Help Identifying 20GA SPA Luigi Franchi
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:13 pm 
Utility Grade

GEx'nP

Just a cursory look, but it is likely a 620 VS or 48 AL.

The 48 AL will have an inertia recoil system. The 620 VS is gas recoil. I own 2- 612 VS (12 gauge). I would lean towards the 48 AL to start working comparisons.

The Gas Recoil will be noted by a piston that slides up and down the magazine tube in the forearm, and two small gas ports on the bottom of the barrel in the area of the magazine collar. I have not used their inertia system so cannot offer identifiers in that case.

Franchi was purchased by Beretta and all Franchi gas technologies have been absorbed into the Beretta lines. Franchi semi-autos in production now are all inertia.

The date of manufacture and some internet sleuthing will determine if your firearm was produced under Franchi or Beretta ownership. I'm guessing Franchi as they would not assist with a serial number look-up.

The date of manufacture will be a two digit stamp code assigned by Italy, not the manufacturer. I had difficulty with Photobucket; however, links at this Google search will provide you direction to the appropriate information, with many references to other discussions on the same topic within this site: https://www.google.com/search?q=franchi+serial+numbers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Last edited by Rob_Fug on Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm 
Limited Edition

looks like my 48 AL , I would start there. good luck !

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:28 pm 
Utility Grade

48AL Thank you for the help everyone!