It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 Hastings barrel
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 am 
Field Grade

I have an opportunity to purchase a remington 1100 Hastings 26" straight rifled barrel with chokes. Barrel is like new. Anyone have any info if these barrels are equal to or superior to regular fixed choke Remington barrels and a fair price ? These are for a good friend and I wan't to give him a fair price if I decide to buy.
I really don't want to shoot this barrel unless I purchase it.

Thanks for any info.
Snooky

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 Hastings barrel
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a Hastings barrel for an Auto-5, and the quality is excellent. No idea on pricing a used barrel, but new ones list for $440 on Hasting's website.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have seen no difference in performance with these barrels. It's a great theory on stopping wad spin, but I have yet to figure out what's supposed to start wad spin.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Here are prices for NOS Hastings barrels. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=hastings

Bobcat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have the exact same barrel. I think it's better quality than the factory barrel. The wadlock patterns great, but no better than the earlier fixed choke Remington barrels. You can't buy these from Hastings any longer. You can buy flush choke tubes from them. I bought extended choke tubes from Carlson for my barrel. Expect to pay $250 to $300.