It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta Forearm fix
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 am 
Tournament Grade

Just purchased a JEG Beretta 687 Silver pigeon III 20ga/28ga and have a questions about the ejectors. The guy I’m purchasing from sent the forearms to Cole’s to have them disconnect the ejectors so they lift the hulls instead of ejecting them, is this something I can change back myself? I’ve built several 1911’s from the ground up as well as AR15’s and have rebuilt a couple BMW motorcycles so I know my way around “the shop”. So with that said is this something that can be handled by my skill set or should they go back to Cole’s to be “reversed? Thanks for the info.

Post subject: Re: Beretta Forearm fix
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

Personally I would just let it the way it is, unless you plan on hunting with a $4,000 small gauge gun?

NSCA # 606314
682 Gold E sporting
687 EELL 20/28 GA
391 Gold sporting
870 wingmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Likely that Cole's just removed the ejector springs and plungers. Did you get those parts with the gun? (Brownells sells them if not). Reinstallation of the parts is a simple process.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:09 am 
Field Grade

It will be best to y’all to cole’s and have to fix it. Giving it to another to fix it is not advised mho

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 am 
Tournament Grade

Gun will be used for hunting as well as skeet and some sporting clays...skeet more than anything else. I have my fathers 3200 that extracts the hulls instead of ejecting and it drives me nuts every time I shoot it, however that gun will stay in that condition as it was like that when he passed. Haven't asked if the parts are included with the gun (if he has them I would imagine they would be included). As mentioned I've worked on a lot of guns but never a shotgun, other than tear down for cleaning. I'm actually waiting to hear from Cole's about "fixing" the ejectors. Thanks for the information and please keep it coming

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I personally would want the ejectors to work on the Beretta. Cole's is the go to place. You should have the problem solved when they get back to you. Sounds like an awfully nice gun.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 pm 
Limited Edition

Why not hunt a $4,000 gun? That’s what they’re for. I’ve met guys who hunt guns worth more than a new Suburban. Granted, they don’t bust brush grouse hunting with them. Although I did meet a guy who had a 20 gauge Watson Brothers sxs built for grouse hunting - that’s a $60,000 gun! It all depends on your income and outlook. No, I don’t have any super spendy guns.
Jeff