It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Performance of factory Perazzi choketubes?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm 
Limited Edition

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the performance of the factory type 4 choketubes, that come with the gun? Have you had better luck or patterns with aftermarket tubes, or...?

Post subject: Re: Performance of factory Perazzi choketubes?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 pm 
Field Grade

They are heavier than most other choke tubes, but good patterns and I have heard one after market manufacturer say they were quite good, which is something to say when you're trying to get someone to use something else.

They pattern very well for me, with no others giving any obvious pattern improvement.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

I tried Mullers on my 32” MX2000. They were lighter but not as even of a pattern as the Perazzi extended chokes. Sent them back. Which is a whole different story.

Last edited by Tvbh40a on Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:32 am 
Field Grade

I have had, and now have, the same chokes you do for my MX3 Special. Mine are #4,6,8, and 10.... The factory measurements with these chokes in my .724 barrels are #4=.016", #6=.024", #8=.33, and the #10-.039". They pattern very well from all the yardages they are meant for. That being said, I have a set of Briley's regular, non-ported, black oxide extended tubes for it as well. I have a Mod.(.020"), IM(.025", LF(.030"), and an XF(.040"). These are Brileys standard $59.95 tubes. The patterns out of the Brileys are much superior to the Perazzi ones. Maybe it's the additional length of the parallel in the extended tubes, I don't know. I do know, however, the LF(.030") absolutely crushes 27yd targets better than anything I have ever used.

My MX-15 came with a set of factory choke tubes, and they patterned horribly! I sent the barrel to Briley, had them backbore it to .740" and had them fit their tournament chokes. The difference in this gun was astonishing! It patterned like a dream, had low felt recoil, and was fully adjustable in every way. Wish I could shoot an un-single because I would still have that gun today.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:51 pm 
Limited Edition

Maybe I'll give the factory tubes a try for a while. It seems like the factory #8 tube hits the targets hard. The #6 less so. Might as well try the #4 next from 16 yds. From measuring the tubes with the bore gauge, the constrictions are right on the money.
What did Briley charge to bore out your barrel?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rod..I guess your p8 tube will break hard at 32 thousandths they should. I think that's better than supper full...P Tube number by 4 to convert.