It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning CXS fit question
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 am 
Tournament Grade

I own a number of Brownings, all of which fit like a glove with their 14 1/4" to 14 3/8" lop. I am interested in purchasing a Browning CXS for skeet. I am concerned that its 14 3/4" lop is too long for my 32" sleeve length on my 5' 8" frame. Yet Browning touts an adjustable trigger for a custom fit in lop. Can an adjustable trigger make up for my shorter arms?

Post subject: Re: Browning CXS fit question
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:06 am 
Crown Grade

trappertom wrote:
Can an adjustable trigger make up for my shorter arms?
In
In my opinion, no. The adjustable trigger merely helps you get a comfortable grip. You will still have a long reach to put your hand on the grip area of the stock.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The 14 3/4" LOP on my CXS is a little long for me. Moving the trigger to the rearmost position helps some, but the maximum adjustment is only 1/4" if I remember correctly. Nonetheless, I manage to shoot the gun decently because I use it solely for clay targets and always pre-mount.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 pm 
Crown Grade

I shoot 15 inch lop and have a 33 inch sleeve length. Your girth, chest and shooting style influences your lop. I have a closed stance and my lop decreases when I take a more open stance.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:28 am 
Presentation Grade

I shoot best with a 14 1/4" lop, so when I bought my cxs. Just decided I needed to put in some work. First I ordered a 1" grind to fit pad. Took off the thin factory pad and cut the stock the right amount so after the new pad was added, the lop would be correct. Did a rough/quick grind to the pad and went to the patterning board. Just as I thought would happen, I was shooting high and to the left. So I took off the pad and made a scribe with how much I thought I had to drop the comb and went to work on the stock. Ground on the pad a little more and back to the patterning board. Did this process 2 more times until I had the poi I wanted. Then I finished the stock and did a final fit of the recoil pad and now I have a great shooting 20 ga.