It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shot the Remington V3 today
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

Friend of mine just got a V3 in camo and brought it over so I grabbed my 1100 mag project and to the camp we went. We shot a sample of about every shell I had, patterned it shot skeet with it and made some side by side comparisons between the two models, different technology separated by many years.
I will confess this is really a hell of shotgun. It threw as good a pattern as mine, shouldered very well and performed flawless. My trigger was better but only because its a $90 Timney trigger fix. It also shot 2 3/4 light loads that my gun just simply cant reliably handle, even though it wasn't made to.
and another confession, even with my limbsaver on my 1100 mag project and being a heavier gun, using the same shells all day....the V3 "kicked" less and while it wasn't a difference between like my SBE 2 and my 1100, I really could feel the difference.
I stand very impressed with this gun. First time actual shooting comparison left me feeling very good about the V3.

Post subject: Re: Shot the Remington V3 today
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 pm 
Tournament Grade

Me too. 28" walnut, at the local skeet range. Have to admit, starting out, I didn`t shoot it particularly well. Always believed the shooting axiom that it`s 90 % Indian, 10% bow. Shot it well (for me ) today, though. Funny what happens when you relax, focus on the target, and SWING THE GUN. My skeet shooting is prep for hunting, so I hardly keep score. The gun, mechanically, has performed flawlessly. Would recommend anyone looking for a new SA to give it a serious look, especially for a field gun.

Post subject: Re: Shot the Remington V3 today
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

The gun I lend out when someone's gun breaks or malfunctions is my SBE2, that way no matter what shells they have it will function with them all. If it wasn't a shell consideration thing I would easily buy this as my lender gun. I think they would enjoy shooting it a whole lot more I can tell you that.