It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Removing SX1 O-Ring to Limit Ejection Distance
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
Utility Grade

I came across an old post about removing the o-ring to shorten the ejection distance to less than 6 feet. I'm strictly a trap shooter and the guy to my right is 9 feet away. If the o-ring trick works and there is no down side, then I think it's a great idea. Is there a down side?

Post subject: Re: Removing SX1 O-Ring to Limit Ejection Distance
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:42 pm 
Crown Grade

There are shell catchers you might also want to see if one works for your gun.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

Shooting singles you should be good. I inadvertently left the o-ring out once and stared getting failures in ejection. So, your theory may be valid.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:16 pm 
Limited Edition

Nu-Line had some Winchester shell deflectors a while back also. They can be a little finicky but they do work pretty good. Removing o-ring should work for singles.