It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VALMET 412
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:41 pm 
Field Grade

Over the weekend I picked up a Valmet o/u, the only markings on the receiver is the #412 the barrels are 30" & ported, with a rib that measures about .460, and has 2 beads. It has cocking indicators and the safety bypassed I think by tightening the screw on the tang safety slide? It has a LIMB SAVER recoil pad. On the chamber it reads made by VALMET Oy Finland. The gun locks up like a vault. I'm guessing what I have is a field gun that some one made into a trap gun. The chamber has stamped on it, inside of circles the letters F & IM and between them is the numbers 12/70 ? I take responsibility for anyone out there that is totally confused. thanks Bob

Post subject: Re: VALMET 412
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

They are nice shotguns. A little heavy for hunting for me but should make a nice clays gun. The X-factor on them is you can buy replacement bbls chambered in many rifle calibers and shotgun gauges. Or a combination of the two, without additional fitting. Buy the bbl and put it on. I went through a period where I really wanted one because of the bbl interchangeably and options. Seemed like a good idea to use one gun for everything. What was I thinking-I want to buy more guns, not less?? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Oh, I forgot to mention 12/70 is 12 ga and 2 3/4” chambers. 70 is 70mm which is 2 3/4”.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 am 
Field Grade

Thank you, I can't wait to get it to the range