It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEC 9000H Problem
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:06 pm 
Limited Edition

I was loading some once fired Remington STS 20 gauge hulls. The machine jammed and did not return to upward position. I found that the brass had pulled off the plastic and hung up in the sizer. After removing the collect and clearing the brass I cleaned the collet and installed. The problem is now the loader is advancing to fast and the hull has not cleared the sizer and jamming the machine.

Thanks for input to solve the problem.

Post subject: Re: MEC 9000H Problem
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:55 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Advance being triggered too fast. Adjust at lower end of the operating rod at the front of the machine. There is a self locking nut just below the trip lever, an inch or so above the lower end of the rod. Raising that nut makes it trip sooner, while lowering it makes it trip later. Lower that nut to fix your problem.

Post subject: Re: MEC 9000H Problem
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks Dave, hope to see you out Greater Houston during the Blue Goose. Its working great, thanks for the tip, had me pulling out my hair.