It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dumb pet tricks...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

A couple of decades ago I was shopping in a large department store and passed through the pet section and there was a Myna bird perched in his cage and he was happily chattering away when a five year old kid who was struck speechless by the talking bird and watching which caught the birds attention who was happily chattering away at the kid. The bird went through his repartee of phrases and the kid was watching in dumbstruck amazement finally at the end the bird asked the kid "cat got your tongue?" I nearly broke up in laughter.
IK guess you had to have been there to truly understand the spontaneity and humor of the moment.

:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Dumb pet tricks...
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm 
Crown Grade

If there was a 'like' button, I'd click it.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm 
Crown Grade

This doesn't quite come up to that, but we used to watch a friends Yellow Lab, when our kids were around junior high age. The dog was one of the most athletic Labs I've been around, loved to retrieve and play with kids. They would put a tennis ball on the top platform of the slide attached to the swingset, and she would run up the slide, gaining about 6 inches per stride (so it took a while), grab the ball, then slide backwards down the slide and jump off at the bottom, twisting in the air to land on her feet. No video, of course. I always thought we should have got her on Letterman's show :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 pm 
Crown Grade

Well, I have the reputation of being the most juvenile member here for the most part so does it surprise anyone that I had a juvenile pet trick I had for my dog Taz? He was trained on accident to hump the leg of ANYONE I pointed to when I pointed down at their legs. I don't know how I managed to train him to do this, but I rolled with it because it was funny. :D

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant