It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New (to me) Sauer drilling...few questions
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi folks. After patiently looking for some time, I have finally acquired a drilling. It has all the features I wanted and I am in the process of giving it a really deep cleaning and wood refinish. Its a Sauer 16x16 on top over a 7x65R below. It comes with a claw mounted Hensoldt Wetzlar "Diavari" scope at 1.5-6 power. Quite happy with the set up.

I am not sure of the actual model. Could someone verify if it is a 3000? The receiver is "Dural" (I think) and has ddep relief engraving.

Would this be considered a "Luxus" grade based on the wood and engraving?

The always helpful guys at 16ga.com suggested this gun would be stamped with the year of manufacture near the breech. Would you agree the 60 could be the year of mfg?

Anyway, its been ultrasonically cleaned and soon will be ready for use. I hope it goes back together.

Post subject: Re: New (to me) Sauer drilling...few questions
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 am 
Field Grade

Very nice addition! Congratulations.

Post subject: Re: New (to me) Sauer drilling...few questions
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Wow! That drilling is very cool. I'll bet the crew at The German Gun Collectors Association could give you more skinny on it.