It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NSSA/NSCA Governance
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

I think we’re all well aware of the goings-on at NSSA/NSCA headquarters back in January of this year. There were several threads here stating facts, doing some speculating, and so forth.

Does anybody know where it all stands now? If you review the NSCA website, there have been no meeting minutes posted for 2018, all the documents show the officers and committee members prior Jan 18. Previous years have regular postings of meeting minutes. The director held several open forums at the US Open, what was discussed, what was asked, what was answered? The weekly mailings from NSSA/NSCA have had no information either.

Post subject: Re: NSSA/NSCA Governance
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 pm 
Field Grade

Rocky, the director meeting at the Open never happened. From what I understand there was a family emergency that prevented him from traveling. As far as the minute go, I would image they haven’t been posted because the NSSA has determined the AC meetings are now confidential. The meeting are no longer open to the membership unless you sign their Non-Disclosure/Conflict of Interest/No Compete contract. Nearly half of the elected AC still has not sign and therefore not allowed to attend the meeting. The minutes are purely speculation but that’s the only reason I can come up. The rest is fact. That’s where things stand as of now.

David

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank you. I should state that while i was checking the NSCA website, I also checked the NSSA website. Everything on the NSSA site seems to be up to date, list of directors and committee members, meeting minutes and so forth. So, if confidentiality agreements are the reason for nothing being posted, wouldn't they also be in place for NSSA?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

We have about 30 of the 45 on the AC that have signed.

There isn’t a lot to report from our last two meetings because we didn’t do formal committee work. I expect minutes will be back up and running by late summer. The few things that are currently technically confidential will probably be disclosed by the end of the year or so. Nothing terribly interesting to most members I would imagine. Mostly growth ideas, etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 pm 
Field Grade

Nothing that skeet does is interesting enough to be confidential.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
Nothing terribly interesting to most members I would imagine. Mostly growth ideas, etc.

I would think ideas about growing this game would be of interest. What would be so confidential?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

One would think that NSSA/NSCA management would realize that secrecy tends to make people suspicious. If they’d just be open and up front there would likely be far less fuss.

Apologies Rollins; you’ve always tried to be as informative and helpful as circumstances allowed.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Fossil Pointe wrote:
Nothing that skeet does is interesting enough to be confidential.

Ouch :)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

I tend to agree with the sentiment that there REALLY shouldn't be anything "top secret" going on in NSSA meetings. Unless they have figured out how to solve the problems on the Korean Peninsula in their spare time, it's just not that important.

The "No Compete" contract amuses me as well. Are they afraid people are going to jump ship to that other organization: SCIKOA (Sporting Clays Is Kicking Our A**)

Conflict of Interest? "Those FITASC SOBs can't be trusted, I tell you!!!"

Non- Disclosure? "Psst... hey kid.... the targets are going to be ORANGE again this year.... You didn't hear it from me...."

I too appreciate those here that try to keep us informed, but this stuff should really be completely transparent. It just seems silly at some level.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Quote:
Nothing terribly interesting to most members I would imagine. Mostly growth ideas, etc.

I would think ideas about growing this game would be of interest. What would be so confidential?

{hs#

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 am 
Presentation Grade

The only logical conclusion from all of this is that the NSSA is taking the poison pill to avoid a hostile takeover by the ATA.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:00 am 
Field Grade

Wow. When these mind blowing “growth ideas” hit the street, I’m SURE we’ll all understand then how brilliantly our target fees are being spent by those benevolent and generous folks in San Antonio. I just wonder, if they’re so powerful they have to be top secret, and a person had to sign away 5 years of his/her life to hear about them.............I wonder what’s taking so long? I mean, shouldn’t we be building more Sporting Clays clubs to hold all this growth?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 am 
Crown Grade

With all the bellyaching from the NSCA crowd, I wish NSSA would cut you sporting guys loose. That way, you could run your organization any way that pleases you and you wouldn't have to support NSSA. Then you could bitch about "your" guys who run "your" organization. Wouldn't that be great?
The result, of course, would be that NSSA would have to learn how to operate without the NSCA subsidy. Like Democrats, their only idea of how to make ends meet would be to increase taxes....... er, I mean target fees. That, of course, would further suppress registered skeet competition. So, in the end, the idea of cutting NSCA loose is a non-starter.

Personally, I wouldn't care if NSSA went belly-up tomorrow. Registered competition is not a big deal to me. I would continue to shoot recreational skeet for as long as I'm able, though.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:58 am 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey wrote:
With all the bellyaching from the NSCA crowd, I wish NSSA would cut you sporting guys loose. That way, you could run your organization any way that pleases you and you wouldn't have to support NSSA. Then you could bitch about "your" guys who run "your" organization. Wouldn't that be great?
The result, of course, would be that NSSA would have to learn how to operate without the NSCA subsidy. Like Democrats, their only idea of how to make ends meet would be to increase taxes....... er, I mean target fees. That, of course, would further suppress registered skeet competition. So, in the end, the idea of cutting NSCA loose is a non-starter.

Personally, I wouldn't care if NSSA went belly-up tomorrow. Registered competition is not a big deal to me. I would continue to shoot recreational skeet for as long as I'm able, though.

Making the NSCA/NSSA great again. Somebody put this guy in charge.