It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding 12ga Parcours barrel to my K80?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 am 
Tournament Grade

I'm considering adding a Parcours barrel to my K80.....I believe I can get an adapter to make my forend fit, but I'll have to use a skeet/sporting stock because the gun is an RT...any thoughts? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Adding 12ga Parcours barrel to my K80?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 am 
Tournament Grade

I met a guy at the US Open who bought Parcours barrels for both his K80s... He liked them so much he ended up converting his wood on both guns to complete the transformation.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The rib on the Par bbl is about 3mm (1/8") lower than the rib on a standard flat rib bbl, so you theoretically will also need to lower your comb about 3mm regardless of the stock you have or change to. The main difference to the Par buttstocks are they're thinner, shallower and generally leaner overall, thereby saving a few ounces over a conventional K80 stock; ditto fore-end.

The simple answer is, "K80, 32" flat-rib bbls, S&S custom stock, 55/45, Bornaghi 1oz 1250 7-½'s, M/M, Castelani, Lonesome Charlie, K-lube, qMaxx blue, Bore-snake, green Brake-cleen, and a very cold and dry Stoli martini."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 am 
Utility Grade

several months ago I purchased an older k80 with lovely wood and a fancy engraved receiver and a parcours barrel. Sent the gun and new barrel to Ottsville for fitting. The result is a slightly lighter k80 that is a pleasure to shoot. Adjusted the stock to fit and now enjoy the fixed barrels. Just less to worry about.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 am 
Utility Grade

several months ago I purchased an older k80 with lovely wood and a fancy engraved receiver and a parcours barrel. Sent the gun and new barrel to Ottsville for fitting. The result is a slightly lighter k80 that is a pleasure to shoot. Adjusted the stock to fit and now enjoy the fixed barrels. Just less to worry about.