It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disappointed
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 pm 
Field Grade

I bought a very lightly used Rizzini Vertex and put about 250 rounds through it before selling it to my brother. I purchased a much higher priced O/U and love it. Anyway I paid over 1,800 for the Vertex. Rizzini USA sells them for 2,150 on their website.

While I had the gun, a few different times I attempted to close it, and could not without turning the cocking lever further to the right and closing it at the same time. I shoot with my brother all the time so I know that this problem continued. We were shooting the other day and his small brass middle bead fell off. Me and my brother both know that the beads are useless, but for looks he wants it there.

My brother called Rizzini USA a couple different times and was told they would take a message. After no calls back, he calls a third time and finally talked to someone that could make a decision. He was told that they never had heard of a middle bead falling off. Then charged him 7 bucks to ship a new one. The cost of the bead was free. In the scheme of things, 7 bucks is not a lot of money. But what is wrong with wrapping the bead in a piece of paper, sticking it in an envelope and putting a 50 cent stamp on it.

The problem with the gun closing. They said, take a mallet and tap on the top lever. If that don't work, send it in. Well it worked for a while, but every once and a while is still problematic.

I know I will get all kinds of different opinions. But I think their customer service lacks and that's putting it nicely. Let her rip boys!!

Post subject: Re: Disappointed
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:42 pm 
Field Grade

Don't like your brother much, I'd say.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
But what is wrong with wrapping the bead in a piece of paper, sticking it in an envelope and putting a 50 cent stamp on it.

Someone had to take the phone, find the part in the warehouse and then get it ready to be sent, plus postage. I doubt their folks work for free.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

I agree that it was pretty cheap of the company to charge seven bucks for a mid bead.
The "tap with a mallet" is a smart a** comment.
They should have told him to ship it in.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 am 
Crown Grade

Fierce offers a lifetime warranty to the original owner of Rizzini shotguns. http://rizziniusa.com/limited-lifetime-warranty I don't know what more you could ask for. I understand your the second owner so that doesn't help you. My BR 320 closes fine. When you close the gun keep your hand off the lever and don't baby the barrels. Close it firmly. Pull your butt stock and clean/lube the internals. My gun was very stiff when new. Did loosen up over time. Sounds like your beef is with the previous owner.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 am 
Limited Edition

jaws, I saw some information about good Rizzini service on the "Shotgun Gunsmithing" forum here on Shotgun World. Entitled "Putting a plug in for a Rizzini, .........Gunsmith" by Patiently Obvious. He gives the name of Bazil Slaughter of Slaughter Gunsmithing in Carson City, Nevada. I've never used this outfit but I think I will if I need an service or parts for my Rizzini Omnium.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:54 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

jawshunting wrote:
He was told that they never had heard of a middle bead falling off. Then charged him 7 bucks to ship a new one. The cost of the bead was free. In the scheme of things, 7 bucks is not a lot of money. But what is wrong with wrapping the bead in a piece of paper, sticking it in an envelope and putting a 50 cent stamp on it.

A lot, really, since the gun is one that you didn't buy new, and isn't even your gun. By now, this gun is a 3rd hand gun and one you don't even own.

Regardless of who made it, unless some strange vulgar display of poverty is involved, if you lose the center bead on your shotgun, there is nothing wrong with actually buying a cheap part for your 3rd-hand, used gun.

http://randywakeman.com