It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kids shot down in Texas school.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Moms are gonna bring the end to gun rights. Can we blame them? I started selling off my collection after Florida. There is a tipping point, it’s close if not here now.

Post subject: Re: Kids shot down in Texas school.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The people of the United States have a individual right to be armed that is older than our Constituton and is secured by the Second Amendent. No serious legislator questions this right to be armed. No legislature has outlawed ordinary firearms and cannot constitutionally do so.

Our liberty to own civilian legal semi auto versions of military weapons like the Armalite rifle is in jeopardy, and five states already have banned them, and our liberty to own extra capacity magazines over ten rounds is also in peril.

And there is no current danger at all of Congress acting to ban MSW and long magazines

Congress won’t even ban bump stocks, letting the President accomplish that by executive order,,, if that happens. The President is preoccupied with his own troubles at present.

Anything worse is off the table.

But I’d hesitate building up a big collection of ARs and AKs and other such weapons.

The day may come when public opinion forces Congress to restrict those weapons to the police and military.

The Santa Fe shooter has been reported to have lured the kids outside by pulling a fire alarm before he started shooting. It’s horrible carnage with at least eight kids dead and many wounded.

These massacres will happen in a nation with over three hundred million firearms and millions more made each year.

It’s the price paid for the right to be armed.

Whatever guns the good guys can buy, bad guys will also get them.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:

These massacres will happen in a nation with over three hundred million firearms and millions more made each year.
So it's the quantity of guns that causes this? Do they reach some kind of critical mass where some start firing by themselves? Or is there any chance whatsoever that a person like you would ever figure out that hardware does not CAUSE the misuse of it?

Quote:
It’s the price paid for the right to be armed.

Whatever guns the good guys can buy, bad guys will also get them.

And when you prevent 'good' i.e., law-abiding guys, from having them, bad guys will still get them. Unless you are willing to admit Trump is right, our non-existent borders will allow a black market in any and all kinds of weapons, including military full auto.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The shooter in Santa Fe is a local 17 year old student at the school. He also had home made bombs. His guns were a shotgun and 38 revolver, legally purchased by his father.

No court in the USA will ever uphold bans on common shotguns and 38 revolvers. The magazine capacity of shotguns might be limited to perhaps two shells like it’s been for 80 years for shooting migratory birds, or maybe five, as found on over two million Model 12s.

But your right to own an ordinary shotgun and revolver cannot be denied according to the Heller decision.

This massacre shows the futility of banning civilian versions of military rifles.

A 17 year old kid can kill 10 people and wound a lot more using common firearms that cannot be banned.

And in a country where there’s about one gun per person today, and more made every year, there will be gun violence.

I doubt many such massacres occur in North Korea, China, and Cuba.

An armed population will always suffer some abuse of the right to be armed.

That’s the cost of liberty, and it’s a heavy price to pay.

All gun control does is reduce the number of Democrats elected to office.

The people value their right to be armed.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

LILGUY wrote:
Moms are gonna bring the end to gun rights. Can we blame them? I started selling off my collection after Florida. There is a tipping point, it’s close if not here now.

Not even close.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Two school resource officers confronted the shooter early on. Both cops were hit, and one is critical. The shooter was stopped, wounded, and in custody.

It’s reported the shooter pulled a fire alarm, and got the kids outside classrooms to start shooting.

He’s 17, and not death penalty eligible since a 2005 SCOTUS decision.

He’ll die in prison.

These massacres simply cannot always be prevented.

He did this in spite of knowing there were armed school cops, and there was no chance of getting away.

Evil finds a way.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:48 pm 
Crown Grade

LILGUY wrote:

So you're just raising the white flag huh? I'm not posting this to totally single you out because I have seen an astounding amount of gun owners/ex-gun owners who are just throwing in the towel and getting rid of their guns to satisfy the Liberal SJWs. It makes me wonder if folks like you ever had a heart for the fight for our gun rights that we are going through right now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Second Amendment is set in stone and will not be going anywhere anytime soon. To my knowledge, Amendments don't get repealed, they can get rewritten. The only thing I see in the future is more gun laws being written on the books and more restrictions which will make it more and more annoying/difficult to buy a gun legally to the point where people just give up.

We have a long fight ahead of us and we all need to do our part in anyway we feel can help. Whether you believe in joining the NRA or going pro-gun protests or if you're like me, shoot as often as you can and teach kids or non-shooters in general our sport and lifestyle. And most of all, NEVER back down from an SJW or allow them to shout you down. As of right now, us pro-gunner's population is much larger than the anti-gunner's.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 pm 
Crown Grade

I am waiting to see what the emotional and social problems were with said offender.
Due to the number it would be easier to control discipline and social problems than guns but then some would be aghast at government infringing on rights and privacy.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Guns are only tools. Just like your hands. They only do what you will them to do.
If an evil or insane person misuses a tool to kill innocents, be it a gun, a truck or his hands should you be denied your rights to own the same?

But shouldn't those tools be restricted in case they fall into the wrong hands?

Couldn't we reduce mass shootings if the state licensed and registered everyone's index fingers? Or better yet, cut them all off? After all, triggers don't pull themselves. If it weren't for all those evil unregistered index fingers out there we would not have all these mass shootings. Guns don't kill people, index fingers do.

I really need to make another post on collectivism for cat thinking people who just don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

LILGUY wrote:
I started selling off my collection after Florida.

Thanks. It's been a pretty good buyer's market here lately.

- Sam Houston

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 am 
Diamond Grade

Democrats and the media are super upset that this kid had the nerve to use a shotgun and a revolver instead of an AR-15.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There’s no worry at Fed level. In Illinois they are working overtime trying to pass bans. Our Republican Governor, who will be replaced by a antigun Dem in November, jammed the legislature with an amendatory veto to a draconian bill. He expanded the 3 waiting period on Handguns to all guns, big bone to Moms. Derailed other bans except for bumpstocks and crank mechanisms.
So we may be safe until the new tow the line Dem Goobenor gets to Springfield.
Im selling guns that cant run with restricted capacity feeding devices, and I’m getting top dollar.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:36 am 
Crown Grade

Quote:
CRAZED fans who obsess over serial killers are using online forums to discuss their warped affections in a worrying new trend.

Facebook, blogging site Tumblr and Reddit all have communities where "true crime" obsessives and infatuated groupies share details and images of the world's most notorious murders and their evil culprits.

Looks to be a group that idolizes mass murderers and there have been questions if this Texas shooter may have been somehow connected.
Makes one wonder about the furor over trigger warnings and that certain types of thought and communication need to be censored.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3487694/i ... e-killers/

Post subject: Kids shot down in Texas school.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

SuperXOne wrote:
I doubt many such massacres occur in North Korea, China, and Cuba.

Oh they happen all the time there; the killers are govt employees, however.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I’m still waiting for someone(anyone) to tell us what new law that is absolutely effective and will absolutely stop school shootings. I haven’t heard IT or anything close yet.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
I’m still waiting for someone(anyone) to tell us what new law that is absolutely effective and will absolutely stop school shootings. I haven’t heard IT or anything close yet.

Well, apparently this nerdy kid has it all figured out. :roll:

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:

Around eight years ago there was a massive piracy problem off the coast of Somalia, pirates seemed to hijack a ship nearly monthly or so it seemed. However, you rarely hear of them anymore, it's been over five years since one of those hijackings has happened.
How did we end the problem?
Did we declare the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden gun free zones?
Did we put armed security guards on boats in the Gulf of Aden?
No, mostly the ship crews started shooting back.
And with ship crews starting to shoot back, the life of a pirate transformed from a lucrative career to a suicidal career and the piracy largely came to an end.

Maybe we could learn a lesson from this. School shootings would absolutely end if teachers could be armed and have the ability to shoot back.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

And the Navies of several countries began patrolling the area and quickly rescuing ships under attack

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:36 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:

That's just because although it is not a gun problem (the guns seem to work fine), the focus is on guns for a solution. Its not a gun problem, it is a tactical problem. The design of public building gives mass shooters a tactical advantage.

Consider a private organization that needs security for its building- of course they have guns gaurding the joint. But that's not all. Go to your personal bank and try entering by the side door.... There ain't one. That's because bank buildings are designed to control access and egress. Seems like collectively we care about money more that we care about kids, or maybe the private sector just isn't as apathetic as the public sector.

'knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules' - king crimson

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 am 
Crown Grade

oldthompson wrote:
casonet wrote:

That's just because although it is not a gun problem (the guns seem to work fine), the focus is on guns for a solution. Its not a gun problem, it is a tactical problem. The design of public building gives mass shooters a tactical advantage.

Consider a private organization that needs security for its building- of course they have guns gaurding the joint. But that's not all. Go to your personal bank and try entering by the side door.... There ain't one. That's because bank buildings are designed to control access and egress. Seems like collectively we care about money more that we care about kids, or maybe the private sector just isn't as apathetic as the public sector.

Most of our school buildings were designed before school shootings became in vogue.

Personally, I think our schools have become too large and institutional. If the kids can't play andy over around the school house during recess, the school building is too big.