It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Retay arms?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 pm 
Field Grade

That may be true, doesn't change the fact that you review products that are made by companies that sponsor your website. Conflict of interest. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Correction: "potential conflict of interest". It doesn't mean there is one. In any case, no one is forced to accept Mr. Wakeman's point of view as gospel.

Last edited by lossking on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:14 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

elvez wrote:
That may be true, doesn't change the fact that you review products that are made by companies that sponsor your website. Conflict of interest. Period.

That's nonsense: the pen is not for sale, no one ever writes my reviews for me, no manufacturer ever gets to see any review prior to publication, or gets to edit it. Unlike reviews by "staff" or anonymous reviews by people that use assumed or fake names, everyone knows exactly who wrote the reviews. It has been that way for decades.

What the consumer should be far more wary of is "reviews" with unknown sponsor, or reviews that do not show the basis for conclusions. That is Bullseye Award and Motor Trend "Car of the Year" fodder.

Surely everyone knows by now that hunting shows, for example, often include "reenactments."

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:46 pm 
Field Grade

Whatever Randy, you're above being questioned about anything....I get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:32 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

At least you are alive, elvez. Many people have seen you over the last several years, but few actually get commentary.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 pm 
Field Grade

Will be interesting to see what parts availability looks like a few years downstream given the history of such for some Turkish shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm 
Field Grade

mea culpa wrote:
Will be interesting to see what parts availability looks like a few years downstream given the history of such for some Turkish shotguns.

This is one thing I'm really curious about, I feel it's best to see if the brand takes off or is regulated to making air guns. I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while.
We all know the Turkish guns are here to stay but only time will tell which ones will actually stick around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:44 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Shotgun Review: The Retay Masai Mara

The latest semiautomatic shotgun from the Turkish gunmaker shoots well, looks good, and won’t break the bank
By Phil Bourjaily

https://www.fieldandstream.com/retay-ma ... gun-review