It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Super X 1 Promotional video
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone know where I can find one of the Winchester Super X 1 promotional videos? I would prefer on DVD, but the VHS version would be fine. (It's pretty funny when your grandson asks, "Grandpa, what is a VHS?") :lol:

Many thanks,

Post subject: Re: Winchester Super X 1 Promotional video
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:03 am 
Limited Edition

Super E, I bought an SX1 brand new back in 1975 and I've never even heard of a promotional video for the SX1 much less seen one.

I have not looked yet but do you suppose what you're looking for is out there on You Tube?

Where would anyone have attained one of these back in the day? Did anyone receive one with a Super X-1 purchase?

Harry D.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If it’s not on YouTube, then it probably doesn’t exist

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 pm 

I checked Youtube with no success.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:38 am 
Field Grade

Bob Baumgart offered a VHS copy of the 16mm film that Winchester made to promote the Super-X Model 1. I received mine Christmas time 1998.

Bob told me this was a film that Winchester factory salesmen would show to gun stores when making sales calls. It details the design, manufacturing and testing that Winchester did to bring the Super-X 1 to market. Winchester was certainly proud of their new shotgun.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 am 
Tournament Grade

[quote="texaswheelgunner"]Super E, I bought an SX1 brand new back in 1975 and I've never even heard of a promotional video for the SX1 much less seen one.

I have not looked yet but do you suppose what you're looking for is out there on You Tube?

Where would anyone have attained one of these back in the day? Did anyone receive one with a Super X-1 purchase?

Harry D.[/quote]

Hi Harry-
I have been told of the existence of the tape by two different sources... 3 including with Gregor on this thread. Gregor describes the video as it was described to me. I am confident that it would not have been provided or offered at the point of original sale, but there may have been an exception.... you never know.

I have searched youtube and e-bay to no avail.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I’ll take a good Model 12 over a new Benelli Nova or an SXP any day of the week. I may be in the minority, but I like it there.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:57 pm 
Limited Edition

I have one in VHS. It is a great video showing the execs meeting with the engineers and goes theough design, production, testing and marketing. It even has a number of my friends trying them out at some CT clubs.

I tried to make some copies on DVD but failed. If there is a way I would share.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:01 pm 
Limited Edition

offthehook, if you ever figure out a way to make copies, let me know. I'd pay you for one to add to my SX-1 keepsakes library.

Harry Dinwiddie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

offthehook wrote:
I have one in VHS. It is a great video showing the execs meeting with the engineers and goes theough design, production, testing and marketing. It even has a number of my friends trying them out at some CT clubs.

I tried to make some copies on DVD but failed. If there is a way I would share.

That's quite easy. Mail it to me, I'll digitize it, and send it back to you the next day Priority Mail.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mr. Randy, could you post it on u-tube if you got the vhs tape, or would that be a copyrights violation? I'm sure those of us that own 3 or more would like it, that way there wouldn't be 30,000 requests. Sincerely, Notime2

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:09 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Sure I can post it on YouTube. Educational / promotional videos are considered "Fair Use" for nonprofit purposes. That's what promotional videos were created for in the first place, to be seen, and to be seen by as many people as possible.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Thank you Randy. I will mail it on to you sometime next week.