It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you setup your Blaser F3 weights?
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm getting a Blaser F3 in the next week or so and I'm curious about you guys that own them set up the weights, especially the stock weights. Thanks

Post subject: Re: How do you setup your Blaser F3 weights?
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Personal preference, you'll need to experiment and see what YOU like :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:35 pm 
Field Grade

Simple. You place the weights and the rest of the gun on the counter at your local gun shop and trade it for a Krieghoff. At that point the balance will be perfect!
Just joking...
I owned an early F3 import for awhile
And thought the factory weight settings were exactly where I needed them for balance.
However, it really is a preference as to what feels right for you, as hopper mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:33 pm 
Limited Edition

I prefer my Vantage with no weights installed.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Personal preference, you'll need to experiment and see what YOU like :)

I tried lots of combinations on my Blasers and currently have settled on 1 stock weight all the way forward and a set of the small weights in the front position on the barrels. Just make sure that you use blue Locktite on the screws so they don't work lose or you may not be able to get the forend off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm 
Utility Grade

I began shooting clays with Browning's. I went from 725 Sportings to a F3 this past March. I got 2 of the sub-gauge barrels last month and just used them in the Kansas State this past weekend.

Since I am shooting the lights out with my .410 barrel set and struggling with my 20 ga set, with the 12 somewhere in between, I put the 3 sets I have on a scale. My 12 ga weighs 3lb 9oz. The 20 comes in at 3lb 7oz and finally the .410 at 3lb 13oz.

I also weighed live factory 1 1/8 AA rounds to see what the difference is when added to the barrel sets. The results are:

The .410 weighs 5.1 oz more than the 20 ga.
The .410 weighs 2.5 ozs more than the 12 ga.

FYI, the F3 receiver & stock weighed 4lb 5oz and the forend came in at 8oz.

So tomorrow I intend to add barrel weights to balance them out as best I can. Then of course find some clays to shoot before an upcoming tournament weekend after next.

s/f Steve