It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: blaser dealers online
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:54 am 
Field Grade

I want to buy a F3 and avoid sales tax. Who has the best F3 prices online?

Post subject: Re: blaser dealers online
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

What state are you in?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:14 pm 
Limited Edition

In many states it comes down to the FFL transfer and how they interpret the rules. In my state, many will tell you that they must collect tax and won't do the transfer without it. However, I ran into a VERY well educated guy who does a lot of transfers, and he insists that it is NOT his duty to collect taxes, and that he has never collected them and never will. His books are clean and he's never had an issue.

That said, I would at least always make an effort to get a local dealer (or quasi-local) to play ball. If there are problems, I've been well served by being able to just drop off the gun and say "deal with it". I can usually get pretty close price-wise that I don't mind a couple hundred dollars and not dealing with shipping and such.

Lastly, you could give Hi-Grade Shooters Supply a call and try to work a deal with them. They are local to me but sell everywhere. Good, safe people to deal with. They are in Western PA.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:26 pm 
Field Grade

Assuming you live in a state with a use tax, and most, if not all, have a use tax, out of state purchases are subject to the same tax rate as in state purchases. It is not that the purchase is not taxable it is the fact that the seller does not collect the tax and the purchaser is obligated to pay the tax.

You may never get caught, but the FFl transfer makes for a good paper trail if the DOR wishes to audit.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:39 pm 
Crown Grade

25straight wrote:
Who has the best F3 prices online?

Man, I hate posts like this. The way the question is posed implies that the poster is too lazy to do the research himself and wishes someone else do the work for them. That particularly grinds at me. Yet, if you call someone on it, they usually have looked around; they just don't bother to say so in their posting. So, OP, if you have looked, please say where you've been so no one suggests a supplier you already know about.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette Jockey wrote:
25straight wrote:
Who has the best F3 prices online?

Man, I hate posts like this. The way the question is posed implies that the poster is too lazy to do the research himself and wishes someone else do the work for them. That particularly grinds at me. Yet, if you call someone on it, they usually have looked around; they just don't bother to say so in their posting. So, OP, if you have looked, please say where you've been so no one suggests a supplier you already know about.

You're not alone {hs#

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html