It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Redhead Premier regulation?
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

Picked up a new Redhead Premier OU 28ga. Got it out on Monday, and ran into the dreaded stiff opening issue. Got home, examined my hulls, then found the telltale drag marks, and distorted dent of firing pins which are too long.

Because of the difficulty opening, and trying to test that with different shells, I didn't have time to test the barrel regulation. So, since I presumably have a day or so until CZ send me a shipping authorization, I'd like to know if folks are doing something different to test regulation of barrels on sub-gauge guns.

Anyone have a favorite method for testing a 28ga?

Have to say I'm looking forward to getting it back, it handles like a dream. I'm not even mad about the pins. :D

Post subject: Re: CZ Redhead Premier regulation?
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm 
Crown Grade

I benchrest test my double barreled guns at 13 yards for barrel regulation. The benchrest setup eliminates me from the equation and tells me if both barrels are shooting to the same place. If it has screw in chokes, I'll use the tightest chokes for checking barrel regulation.

Post subject: Re: CZ Redhead Premier regulation?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:23 am 
Diamond Grade

Thanks for the advice! I'm heading the the range tomorrow to work it out.