It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rudy Project Sport Glasses.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Anyone try these glasses? I have seen a couple of shooters with them but they were both newbies and may not understand the need for the correct colors.
They have a RX prescription lens that goes from 10% red to 70% red depending on light conditions. I have been waiting for awhile to have someone use this technology with shooting lens of different colors.
They will also give you a prescription lens in a wrap format without inserts!!

Post subject: Re: Rudy Project Sport Glasses.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:05 pm 
Limited Edition

I had a couple of pairs for mountain biking. They were good quality but never used them for shooting.

NSCA#633193

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 am 
Presentation Grade

I've had Rudy's for about 15 years...I use them for cycling. I do use them for shooting trap. The lense options I have are ideal for certain lighting conditions. They are well made, comfortable..pricey. I was lucky that I got a pro-sponsor deal on the ones I have (free!)..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 am 
Crown Grade

I have had Pilla's. Non prescription. I now have two pair of Rudy's and one pair of Randolph's that are all prescription. I love them all and have never missed a target because I changed brands. Get what you like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 am 
Utility Grade

I have a pair, I still prefer my Oakley flak jackets over them though. They sit further away from my eye than I like, also they're not as rigid (they're flexible to fit). But they're alright glasses, I would wear them if I didn't have my other pair.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

I had a set and got rid of them. The colors weren’t right for me nor was the lense shape. I went with Randolph’s which are purpose built for shooting and cheaper. Most colors for Randolph’s are $35. Rudy’s were at least $70.

NSCA # 630162

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:38 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the feed back. I saw on another post that several shooters liked the transitional lens in race red. This was something I thought was unique and the fact that they offer a wrap glass configuration with a prescription built in is also appealing. May drop the hammer on these next week. Its only money and you can't take it with you. I just hope I leave enough behind that the kids can get me planted!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm 
Field Grade

I have a new pair that I’ve used several times. I like the transition a lot and they fit narrow faces well

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm 
Limited Edition

I just read that Rudy and Beretta got together to make a set of shooting glasses - the Beretta Puull Glasses. They are on the US site and other distributors but not marked Rudy Project. But they do advertise this on the EU site.
http://estore.beretta.com/en-eu/puull-b ... t-glasses/

NSCA#633193

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a pair of Rudy Rydon with transitional lens in red, which I really like. On rare occasion I'll switch to clear, but use the red transition lenses almost exclusively. Color is a pretty personal thing, however.
I chose the Rudy's over Oakley just for the adjustable nose piece. I squeeze the nose piece a bit just to get the glasses to sit a little higher on my face so I don't see much of the frame above the lenses.