It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: B Rizzini Artemis vs FAIR Jubilee Prestige 16 ga O/U
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would compare my B Rizzini to a CG. The guns are similar with an under barrel lock similar to a Citori. Fit, finish and styling of my B Rizzini is closer to a CG than any other Italian gun that I’ve seen.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

JNW wrote:
What do you want to do with the gun? Upland birds, targets or both? Which Cabela’s had the Gran Lightning?
Given the 2 guns you are looking at I would get a B Rizzini. I think they are, overall, better built guns than a FAIR. Plus, you can get it with a solid rib which is very cool.
There isn’t a manufacturer who hasn’t delivered a gun that had issues. I know of an English o/u 20 gauge that was delivered with the barrels shooting about a foot apart at 25 yards. This was a $100,000 gun. They built a new set of barrels.
If you want a game gun have you looked at a Merkel? You do have to appreciate the Teutonic styling, but $3,000 will buy a heck of a used gun. I assume you are in Minnesota. The only o/u 16 I have is a 32” Browning Sporter, but your’re welcome to try it to see if the dimensions work for you.
Jeff

Upland birds primarily (some targets thrown in--but just for practice for upland birds). Primarily pheasants. I have not checked out Merkel's O/U's.

I really appreciate the offer to view your Browning, but I'm really leaning towards the Bizzini. Thanks for the offer though!!

Cabelas in Rogers (gun room has a new 16 gran lightining)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

casonet wrote:
I would compare my B Rizzini to a CG. The guns are similar with an under barrel lock similar to a Citori. Fit, finish and styling of my B Rizzini is closer to a CG than any other Italian gun that I’ve seen.

I'm really leaning strongly toward the Rizzini.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:14 pm 
Crown Grade

I like my Rizzini. I found communicating with the distributor to be a pretty much a one way street. I will be nice and say they are unresponsive. Almost all accesories on the site are out of stock. E-mails never returned.Phoned numerous times before getting someone on the phone other than a receptionist. Hope I never need warranty service.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

lt0026 wrote:
I like my Rizzini. I found communicating with the distributor to be a pretty much a one way street. I will be nice and say they are unresponsive. Almost all accesories on the site are out of stock. E-mails never returned.Phoned numerous times before getting someone on the phone other than a receptionist. Hope I never need warranty service.

This is Rizzini USA you're referring to? Was it for any issues with the gun itself?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am 
Crown Grade

MNGunner wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

This is Rizzini USA you're referring to? Was it for any issues with the gun itself?

The gun itself was fine operation wise. The importer Rizzini USA was not very responsive to my inquiry. If you take delivery make sure you get all the chokes in the right size (no duplicates) and everything that is supposed to come with the gun.

Last edited by lt0026 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 am 
Presentation Grade

Not my experience at all. I found them very responsive.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=464981

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 am 
Crown Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:
Not my experience at all. I found them very responsive.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=464981

Apparently they are shipping guns without the complete or proper compliment of extras like chokes. I really don't need 2 Lt Mod chokes. My inquires have gone unanswered for 3 weeks. It would have been nice if they told me the chokes they do ship are going to be mismarked and marked a different size on the body of the choke because of the overbored barrel. Chokes are not anywhere near what they are marked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You are probably sending emails. Pick up the phone and CALL THEM! You may be very pleasantly surprised at the response that you get.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
You are probably sending emails. Pick up the phone and CALL THEM! You may be very pleasantly surprised at the response that you get.

If they aren't going to reply to e-mails they should remove that type of contact from the web site. Your probably right, I had to call three times just to get an invoice for the gun which they never sent to my FFL with the shipment. Never got any tracking # or confirmation of shipping either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I find that most companies respond poorly to emails, probably because of the enormous amount of spam contaminating the internet. The only thing better than talking to someone on the phone is a face to face discussion which I always prefer when possible. I had a problem with my B Rizzini and I talked to a very helpful young man in Utah. Sent the gun in and it was returned in three weeks perfectly made right. They even followed up with a phone call to me wanting to know if I was satisfied! My customer service experience was exceptional. Call them and give them a second chance. I bet you will be happy that you did.