PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
drawdc wrote:
rufus wrote:
F16 - 6 lbs. 8 oz.
CG Summit - 8 lbs.
Kronos - 8 lbs. 2 oz.

That is for the F16 field with a 28 inch barrel. Blaser shows the Sporting at 7 lbs 8 oz to 8 lbs 4 oz depending on the barrel length and weights used. I have seen it weighed at a local shop with 32 inch barrels and know that to be true. Some of you fail to actually do the research and then spread bad information. The bottom line is the weight of the Sporting model is in line with the other guns in that price group. If you don't like the gun, fine. You don't need to lie about it.

Accusing rufus of lying seems harsh; and he never said he didn't like the Blaser. I thought he was being nice looking up the answers for the question you asked. And if you knew the answer, why did you ask the question? Boy, no good deed goes unpunished. MAJ

Every since the F16 came out, there have been a couple of posters that continue to insist that it is "light". When pressed on the point they are unable to respond with the correct answer, in this case comparing the light weight field model to the other's sporting guns. If you think it was an honest mistake, then I agree I was overly harsh. Since this happens on a regular basis, I don't think it is an accident. I did know the answer, but since they are making the statement I don't think it is unfair to ask them to back it up.

Post subject: Re: Returning shooter, what's good value in 12ga around ~5$k
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 pm 
Presentation Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
drawdc wrote:
rufus wrote:
F16 - 6 lbs. 8 oz.
CG Summit - 8 lbs.
Kronos - 8 lbs. 2 oz.

That is for the F16 field with a 28 inch barrel. Blaser shows the Sporting at 7 lbs 8 oz to 8 lbs 4 oz depending on the barrel length and weights used. I have seen it weighed at a local shop with 32 inch barrels and know that to be true. Some of you fail to actually do the research and then spread bad information. The bottom line is the weight of the Sporting model is in line with the other guns in that price group. If you don't like the gun, fine. You don't need to lie about it.

Accusing rufus of lying seems harsh; and he never said he didn't like the Blaser. I thought he was being nice looking up the answers for the question you asked. And if you knew the answer, why did you ask the question? Boy, no good deed goes unpunished. MAJ

I stand corrected. The weight specs are not posted on the Blaser website, so I relied on other sources. My source failed me. I was not trying to spread bad information, I was trying to help. I certainly have nothing but good things to say about Blaser shotguns - - I have two shooting friends who shoot them, and they really like their guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:22 am 
Diamond Grade

I stand corrected. The weight specs are not posted on the Blaser website, so I relied on other sources. My source failed me. I was not trying to spread bad information, I was trying to help. I certainly have nothing but good things to say about Blaser shotguns - - I have two shooting friends who shoot them, and they really like their guns.[/quote]

My apologies for over reacting. You were not the one that made the original statement that the gun is light. It seems like these Urban legends get started and people just continue to repeat them. I find it irritating. My wife shoots a CG Summit Sporting and I know that the F16 can easily be set up to be heavier than her gun.

The Blaser site is not the easiest to maneuver around. There is a page with flyers attached to the F16 page that shows all the specs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
fredka wrote:
I owe myself a divorce present, so I'm looking for a high quality over-under in 12ga for skeet, 5-stand, and sporting clays. Trap isn't really my thing. Budget is $5k although I'm not insistent on spending all of that or I could stretch a bit for the right gun.

There's no need to spend $5K unless you really want to. Your choice, of course.

Check it out for yourself, you'll be impressed @ $2,795 MSRP.

shocker.......here comes Randy with a Fabarm product. :roll:

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 pm 
Field Grade

There is a Beretta DT10 posted for $4600 in the classifieds. Wont lose much value, awesome gun in your range, I can't think of a better way to get back into shooting clays.

It will be a great gun that can last you forever, or at least give you a few years of shooting while you decide what you really want.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:39 am 
Field Grade

That F3 Super Sport in the classifieds looks real good but a little over you budget. If I had the cash that would be mine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Listen to Sikocycles!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:12 am 
Crown Grade

sultah wrote:
There is a Beretta DT10 posted for $4600 in the classifieds. Wont lose much value, awesome gun in your range, I can't think of a better way to get back into shooting clays.

It will be a great gun that can last you forever, or at least give you a few years of shooting while you decide what you really want.

i would be all over that gun if looking for a new one in that price range

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:35 am 
Field Grade

marsingbob wrote:
Listen to Sikocycles!

If I had 6k that would be in my safe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 am 
Utility Grade

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has offered opinions and information, it has really helped to fill out the list of things I want to look at. I'm trying to handle and shoot as many guns as I can, so playing it slow. I'll update the thread with what I end up buying and some pics when it finally comes to that point, however long it may be. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 am 
Field Grade

your going about it, check out new and then used guns, you can usually find some real gems in that $5,500 to $6,000 range for high end used guns.

You just have to be patient and when the opportunity presents it's self you have to pounce.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"