It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help on Remington 1100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a rem 1100 12 GA. Yesterday while I was shooting a shell wouldn't eject. It got stuck when I pulled it out, it looked like the bolt had no "spring" behind it. The bolt will not lock all the way back and you have to manually push it forward. It has never had this problem before even when pushing the carrier latch the bolt will not snap forward like it normally would. Now I can not even put the barrel back in because the bolt will not lock back and it is catching on the bolt itself. Can anyone help me with this.

Post subject: Re: Help on Remington 1100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Virginian is our expert on 1100s. Contact him by private message about your problem. If he can’t help, then nobody can.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Either your link is broken, which would be obvious, or the retaining pin holding the action spring came out or the action tube broke (both unusual).
Did you take it apart yet?
Did you remove the stock?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you can't take it apart, take it to a gunsmith.