It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pete Blakeley Clinics.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 pm 
Diamond Grade

I will be travelling North from Texas this summer, mainly to the Colorado area. If anybody is interested on hosting a clinic or scheduling a lesson please contact me. Thank you.

www.peteblakeley.com

Post subject: Re: Pete Blakeley Clinics.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Any chance you will get to Western Pa. this summer?

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

Terry. Travelling will be a new experience/adventure for me. W. Pa is a long haul from Texas so I'm not sure if will make it up there this year but I would like to come up there sometime.

Pete.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

Video and book owners like myself would probably sign up Pete.

Be safe in your travels!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:30 am 
Diamond Grade

kjs. I must admit its tempting. I did once travel up to the Rolling Rock Club in Ligonier, SE PA to do some high tower consultation work for them. It was quite a place, we loved the area and on the journey back to the airport in the early hours of the morning we nearly had a collision with a bear! It was quite an experience for a guy from Scotland who is more used to stray sheep.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Just think, no more wasted shells. Positive results on reading EVERY target on a SC course and the only guy in the US to give a money back guarantee on results. What have you got to lose? :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:41 pm 
Field Grade

Will Mike McAlpine be helping out on this tour?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm 
Diamond Grade

No, Mikes a good coach but I have a different approach and I have been coaching for over 40 years. It seems to work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Have at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Pete is a very good coach. While I will agree on many things he teaches we are a little different in figuring lead on many targets. I understand his method and think that about half of all shooters (men and women) take the lead from the target. If that is their natural way to do it I wouldn't change a thing and would encourage them to see Pete. The other half of the shooters take lead from the target and see lead in feet. Pete's half sees lead in inches or barrel widths. Both ways work well for the different shooters.

Mike McAlpine

I have only been coaching for 30 years. I was a salesman for most of my adult life. This helps me explain my thoughts better that most instructors. I understand people an know what and when to ask my students questions. Also being a long time target setter gives me more information about what targets are doing. Plus, I can do any thing I teach.

I would encourage you to take a lesson from Pete if you take lead from the barrel. His is your man. Pete I am not trying to jump on your band wagon but because of the question I just wanted to explain the difference between me and you.

GOOD LUCK on YOUR SCHOOLS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am 
Diamond Grade

Thanks for the compliment Mike, I appreciate it. Yes, I would agree my system of teaching lead is different, I have perfected it over many years. I must point out that it doesn't rely on seeing lead in "inches or barrel widths" because that doesn't work.

By using my system most new shooters can break every target on a skeet field in about 2 hours and 75% on a SC course in about 5 or 6 hours. By new shooters I mean those students who pick up a shotgun for the first time. The system teaches how to logically read and apply the correct lead to every target on a SC course, including long crossers, chandelles, dropping targets etc. And of course, I give a money back guarantee on results. I regularly get clients that have taken lessons for several years but with the right approach, it shouldn't take years of lessons to get you to the top.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Pete,

I guess I really don't understand your method.

Mike McAlpine

Oh well, there are a lot of things I don't understand in this world. One is computers and my I phone. The other is women and I have been trying to do that for almost 66 years. Karen Johnson helped me many years ago. She explained to me why many women seemed to like me. Now I am not going to share that secret. I don't want these nice ladies being bothered by some of you guys. Especialy Brad. :lol: :P :twisted: 8) :wink: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:34 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Pete,

I guess I really don't understand your method.

Mike McAlpine

Oh well, there are a lot of things I don't understand in this world. One is computers and my I phone. The other is women and I have been trying to do that for almost 66 years. Karen Johnson helped me many years ago. She explained to me why many women seemed to like me. Now I am not going to share that secret. I don't want these nice ladies being bothered by some of you guys. Especialy Brad. :lol: :P :twisted: 8) :wink: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Pete, what type of results would one expect when they have developed mechanics/habits after years of shooting?

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
NSCA 646442

"....if you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

Darryle. Becoming accomplished at SC is all about building a repertoire of sight pictures that you know to be correct. When you can do that, no course designer can throw a target that you can't read. RE. results. It depends how ingrained the habits are. But if you have been shooting SC for some time and you are not progressing or you are inconsistent, always suspect one of two things. Either you are not reading the targets correctly or you may have a dominance problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mike,

My system is really easy to understand. As you say, some shooters see lead in feet at the target, some see it in some sort of measurement (you suggested inches or barrel widths) at the gun. In both cases we use the gun in our perhipheral vision as a reference point. Because of the phenomenum of perspective, seeing lead out there at the target is difficult for most of us because judging spatial lead at a distance is confusing. This is why many shooters say "one mans three feet is another mans six feet." IMO most shooters find it easier to judge lead at the barrel end.

Over the years I have perfected the system and now I can show shooters a logical way to read any target very quickly. I will be more than happy to show you how the system works some day.