It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Choosing a Pad Adjuster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Rollin Oswald wrote:
John,

Where is the top of the pad relative to your collarbone, below or above and if above, approximately how far?

When you shoot, approximately how much do you rotate your stance, more or less than 45 degrees?

What part of your anatomy fills the concavity on the pad?

Do you mount your gun in your shoulder pocket or do you mount it farther out on your shoulder, on or near your shoulder joint?

[Edit]
KlawMan,

I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Rollin, I'll send you a PM, to avioid further hijacking of the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

No problem Rollin. I enjoy studying everything you write and you are welcome to hijack.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

So I picked the gun up with the new pad adjuster. Photo attached. Took a few shots with the smith on a p board and it shoots 50/50 and 2" to the left of center unless I push my nose just a little extra to the right. I should be able to adjust that with the comb, but first want to get used to the gun as is. As is it shoots well with an inch of the pad above the shoulder and before at least 2 were above the shoulder.