It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CTN should have a Shoot Calendar
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 pm 
Crown Grade

So Show Me,

educate me.....

in this fictitious shoot that you refuse to name the shoot of, or the host club of,

what efforts did they make to draw attendees?

Did they advertise locally?

Did they advertise online?

Did they get permission from their state association to even have the shoot? Most shoots I know of are scheduled by the state association, so not all shoots are the same weekend.

Or, the biggest question, and the one you are most likely to lie about (again)....
Did this shoot really even exist, or did you make up a lie to try to justify your claim NSSA needs to change something to favor little old Show Me, who shot 700 targets last year?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Go here and find all the registered shoots for NSSA http://mynssa.nssa-nsca.org/find-a-shoot/shoot-search/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 pm 
Crown Grade

albanygun wrote:
Go here and find all the registered shoots for NSSA http://mynssa.nssa-nsca.org/find-a-shoot/shoot-search/

But lots of shooters don't/won't/can't go there. Why ignore them?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

ShowMe wrote:

If they don't or won't utilize the internet, then that's their own choice, indicating that they aren't really interested in finding a shoot to attend.

By saying that they can't "go there", you're presumably saying that they don't have internet access. Well, not having internet access is their choice too, so "can't" is no different than "won't" in this case. Anyone that can afford to shoot registered skeet can afford internet access, so it's just another case of voluntary stubbornness for its own sake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm 
Crown Grade

If some are like my wife they would not know how to turn on a computer. If the State Associations are not sending out printed schedules of their registered shoots they are remiss in their duties, IMHO. Effort should be made to inform all shooters in their state without regard for their computer abilities. Again, IMHO. I used to send some out to our neighboring states shooters' that requested them.

Last edited by Jim Miller on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 pm 
Crown Grade

It’s 2017, not 1917......when you last shot registered.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 pm 
Crown Grade

:mrgreen: It hasn't been quite that long but my job as the Pennsylvania Skeet Shooting Association's Secretary/Treasure it was my job to try to get as many people to the member clubs registered shoots as I could. I did that through computer and printed schedules. But what do I know. I don't shoot registered anymore. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Jim Miller on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

Jim Miller wrote:
If some are like my wife they would not know how to turn on a computer. If the State Associations are not sending out printed schedules of their registered shoots they are remiss in their duties, IMHO. Effort should be made to inform all shooters in their state without regard for their computer abilities. Again, IMHO. I used to send some out to our neighboring states shooters' that requested them.

I'll bet your wife knows someone who knows how to turn on a computer though...you obviously do :) The information is available. You have to concoct some pretty far-fetched scenarios to come up with someone who truly can't find out about a shoot to go to. Besides a schedule of every shoot being available online, I know of several local shoots that still put forth the effort to snail-mail out shoot programs. Many more now reach out directly to shooters via email (instead of relying on shooters to find them). Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want a state association spending money from my target fees on large numbers of printed mailings just to reach a relatively small percentage of potential shooters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm 
Crown Grade

KennyPowers wrote:
Jim Miller wrote:

I'll bet your wife knows someone who knows how to turn on a computer though...you obviously do :) The information is available. You have to concoct some pretty far-fetched scenarios to come up with someone who truly can't find out about a shoot to go to. Besides a schedule of every shoot being available online, I know of several local shoots that still put forth the effort to snail-mail out shoot programs. Many more now reach out directly to shooters via email (instead of relying on shooters to find them). Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want a state association spending money from my target fees on large numbers of printed mailings just to reach a relatively small percentage of potential shooters.
I bet you know someone that could lend you a couple of bucks to help you with you state fees.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 pm 
Crown Grade

KennyPowers wrote:
ShowMe wrote:

If they don't or won't utilize the internet, then that's their own choice, indicating that they aren't really interested in finding a shoot to attend.

Then they should not attend shoots?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Proctor and Gamble is considered a leader in marketing and promotion.

P&G has a website. P&G also advertises in newspapers and magazines, television and radio. They conduct promotions via direct mail to consumers. They have sales and coupons. They sponsor joint product promotions with retailers.

Of those, maintaining a website is probably the cheapest. Why do they bother with the others?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:30 am 
Crown Grade

x

Last edited by ShowMe on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am 
Crown Grade

ShowMe wrote:
Proctor and Gamble is considered a leader in marketing and promotion.

P&G has a website. P&G also advertises in newspapers and magazines, television and radio. They conduct promotions via direct mail to consumers.

P&G also makes millions in profit!! Skeet shoots do not!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 am 
Crown Grade

So there is nothing to learn from P&G?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:00 am 
Limited Edition

Of course there are things that can be learned from P&G. With an open mind we can learn something new every day.

Better questions might be: Is anything that P&G does in the way of advertising and promotions applicable to registered skeet shoots? Are any of P&G practices reasonable for an average or small shoot to consider implementing? Possibly most important; are any of P&G advertising practices affordable and/or cost efficient for small to medium shoots?

My guess is the above questions have already been answered by the individual clubs putting on shoots. And each has it's own answer as we see some shoots advertised outside of a calendar entry on a state assoc while others not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:15 am 
Crown Grade

Well hawkeye55, wouldn't getting a shoot calendar included in CTN be very cost efficient for the clubs?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:26 am 
Diamond Grade

ShowMe wrote:
KennyPowers wrote:
ShowMe wrote:

Then they should not attend shoots?

It's not a question of whether or not they should attend a shoot. Rather it's a question of if they don't or won't avail themselves of the various ways to stay informed, either directly or in this case thru one of the shooting buddies, whether or not they should whine about it.
JMHO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:59 am 
Crown Grade

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
It's not a question of whether or not they should attend a shoot. Rather it's a question of if they don't or won't avail themselves of the various ways to stay informed, either directly or in this case thru one of the shooting buddies, whether or not they should whine about it.
JMHO

But some won't, or can't. Are they not wanted at registered shoots?

Clay Target Nation should have a Shoot Calendar.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I put dipsticks on my IGNORE list for a reason. They hardly ever contribute anything positive to the discussion, almost always stir the pot with negativity, and never offer any constructive suggestions to remedy a less than adequate process.

There is an old saying (Where there’s a will, there is a way) that is more than adequate for this situation. If a shooter REALLY wants to participate in shooting registered targets, there are many ways to find out when and where shoots will be held. The Internet is just one of many sources available. The shooter has to take the responsibility of availing themselves of whatever sources are available to them. Clubs/associations are responsible to work within their budget and labor force to promote their venues to the best of their resources. I have yet to see a Club/association that hasn’t done that to the best of their ability to do so.

Shooter’s need to take responsibility for their own recreational pursuits instead of whining like a first grader because they aren’t being spoon fed shoot schedules. To say that the NSSA/NSCA or CTN is at fault for shooters not attending shoots is a false statement and the person or persons issuing such a statement has no clue about personal responsibility for one’s own life. They need to put on their big boy/girl pants and man/woman up!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 pm 
Crown Grade

you guys gave Show Me two pages worth of satisfaction for his lie. There was no shoot cancelled because of CTN. It's a lie. Otherwise, he would post the clubs name.