It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gun Safety- Loading gun off the field
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Went to shoot at a small club this morning. I was sitting at a picnic table, having some coffee, when I observed an individual standing a couple of tables away. He was cycling the action on his semi-auto, and demonstrating the gun to several adults and children standing around him. What happened next really un-nerved me, as I watched him drop a live shell into the chamber, and close it. The gentleman who was sitting with me witnessed this also, and yelled at the individual to unload the gun. The individual unloaded the gun, then closed the action again, and pulled the trigger!

Nobody from the club management said a word to the individual, I don't know why. The gentleman that was sitting with me, and myself both got up and gathered up our belongings and left. Am I alone in thinking that this was a dangerous situation, and a serious breach of gun safety?

Post subject: Re: Gun Safety- Loading gun off the field
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You are 100% correct. That would have gotten him thrown out of any club I’m a member of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 pm 
Crown Grade

You absolutely sure it wasn't a snap cap before you become Judge Jury and Executioner?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 pm 
Limited Edition

oneounceload wrote:
You absolutely sure it wasn't a snap cap before you become Judge Jury and Executioner?

Here is a story about your "snap cap" usage. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/1 ... 67581.html

You probably think they are safe, huh? They are outlawed at the clubs that I shoot at here in the Chicagoland area.

If you bother to actually read my post, you would discover that I did in fact say a live shell.

Got it figured out now?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rodbuster wrote:
They are outlawed at the clubs that I shoot at here in the Chicagoland area

Outlawed at my clubs too, one after an AD in the clubhouse.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]