It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Georgia -Browning Dealers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am 
Utility Grade

I’ve been lurking around the forum(soaking in all the useful info) for quite some time but this is my first post.
I shoot clays a few handfuls of times per year and have always wanted to own an O/U. Initially, it’s always been a Browning that I envisioned having but after educating myself through forums and research, I’ve come to understand that fit and feel is extremely important. I started calling around to different shops and gun clubs in/ around Atlanta, to see if I could get my hands on a Beretta SP1 and a Browning to test/feel. I have yet to find one that carries Browning but all carry and swear by Beretta. Even one of the largest outdoors stores(Adventure Outdoors) has no Browning 725’s and said they haven’t been ordering many in the recent years.
Any thoughts as to why these clubs and stores aren’t carrying Browning? I think Cabelas or BassPro have them but I was hoping to go to local gun clubs where they actually have real experience with the different guns.
Does anyone in the vicinity know of any shops/clubs that carry and are knowledgeable about Browning?
Any insight is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Georgia -Browning Dealers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm 
Crown Grade

You can travel a bit and go to Barrow's in Butler, GA which is about half way between Columbus and Fort Valley. Call first to make sure they have some in stock which they usually do. Good price's too! Also see http://www.browning.com/dealers/dealer-locator.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Isn't that the place that is also an auto parts store? If it is, he is/was one of the largest stocking Browning dealers - at least at one time

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks. I’ll keep Butler’s in mind if that’s my best option (about a 4hr hike). I’m hoping to get someone knowledgeable about fitting as well. That’s why I was wanting to go to a gun club but as I said, for whatever reason, the ones I’ve called seem to only carrying Beretta.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm 
Crown Grade

John Woolley does fittings and is based in St. Augustine; not sure where you are in relation to that; otherwise, ask around at your local sporting clay clubs. GA State sporting is this week; (Savannah), there might be a fitter or two there. Otherwise, if none local, one of the really big blasts coming up always seem to have 1 or 2 stock fitters there.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Adventure Outdoors had several Browning CX and 725 models a couple of months ago.

Try Old Hudson Plantation between Eatonton and Sparta. The owner is known to let potential customers test fire some guns. If they do not have a gun that interests you then enjoy the excellent sporting clays course.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm pretty sure Adventure Outdoors will have just about any Browning you would want. Attached is a link to their inventory. Scroll down to Browning shotguns or click on Browning in the index and take your pick. Good luck.

http://www.adventureoutdoors.us/pdf/ima ... ricing.pdf

Last edited by Jimslim on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I was surprised they didn’t. I called again....said they have no new 725’s. Mentioned that they are waiting on an order from Browning and they have been terribly slow getting product from them.
I was there in April and they didn’t have a 12ga 725 at that time either. The sales rep I spoke to really tried to sell the Beretta 686 and said they hadn’t been getting many Brownings b/c they haven’t been selling. He harped how much better and popular the Beretta was. I figured it was mostly a pitch and decided to wait until I can hold the 725.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

Call Old Hudson Plantation: http://www.oldhudsonplantation.com/

They’re probably still open tonight. Their pricing is usually very competitive.

Last edited by Dealman on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Isn't that the place that is also an auto parts store? If it is, he is/was one of the largest stocking Browning dealers - at least at one time
It is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm 
Crown Grade

Brownb2110 wrote:
I was surprised they didn’t. I called again....said they have no new 725’s. Mentioned that they are waiting on an order from Browning and they have been terribly slow getting product from them.
I was there in April and they didn’t have a 12ga 725 at that time either. The sales rep I spoke to really tried to sell the Beretta 686 and said they hadn’t been getting many Brownings b/c they haven’t been selling. He harped how much better and popular the Beretta was. I figured it was mostly a pitch and decided to wait until I can hold the 725.

Have owned and still own both brands. Both are excellent and that guy was trying to sell you what he had.

I think the 725 Sporting gun is one of the best guns for the money. And the Citori CXS is a screaming great value if you want a 32” or 30” non-ported Gun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Dealman wrote:
Call Old Hudson Plantation: http://www.oldhudsonplantation.com/

They’re probably still open tonight. Their pricing is usually very competitive.

Thanks....I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am 
Utility Grade

Go to cabelas or basspro to just hold the guns and see if you like the fit of one over the other then you can buy one at a local place for now you just need to feel both at the same time