It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brain Chokes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I was wondering if anyone used the new Brain Chokes and how did they work for you?

Thanks

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

Post subject: Re: Brain Chokes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have tested the 3, 4 and 5, and like the way they pattern a lot -- round and very even distribution, and frankly better than any other factory or 3rd party choke I've ever tested; essentially taking a factory CT barrel and making it perform like my custom tuned Wilkinson thinwall barrel. I would love it if they could build these on Briley thinwall pattern for another barrel of mine. Anyway, my only nit complaint is personal to me and that is weight -- they are thicker steel to accommodate the "double choke" in them, and thus are heavier than aluminum or Titanium options -- and the use I bought them for was for a shorter 30" bbl I use for ZZ's, so in the end they were just enough heavier out at the end of the barrel that they messed up the short swing-to move I use for ZZ's.

So I've sold the #5 to a trap shooter -- and he loves it BTW -- and I have a 3 and 4 for a K80 I'd make a deal on if you know anybody who might want to try them out ;)

The simple answer is, "K80, 32" flat-rib bbls, S&S custom stock, 55/45, Bornaghi 1oz 1250 7-½'s, M/M, Castelani, Lonesome Charlie, K-lube, qMaxx blue, Bore-snake, green Brake-cleen, and a very cold and dry Stoli martini."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone used the new Brain Chokes and how did they work for you?

Thanks

I thought that you bought a couple of them a year or so ago when there was a lot of discussion about them. I thought maybe you were starting this thread to let us know how you liked them. No?

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm 
Field Grade

I've had them in my 391 and was really pleased with the results of the c3-
Since then I have moved to a k80 which I am now getting settled in to...

Jack PM me what you would like for the c3/c4- I am content with the chokes I have now but I might be swayed back in to a set of brains".. :P

Last edited by Crushinem on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ulysses, You didn't think maybe more shooters might have tried them since then?

I wish I knew why people answer a post when they can't answer the question.

Thanks for the info Jack. {hs#

Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:10 pm 
Crown Grade

How did you like it/them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a C3 and I like it.

I have been shooting Mullers for a long time.

The only problem with the Mullers is the wide gap between the U2 and the U3.

I shoot U2 in the bottom barrel and the C3 in the top barrel.

With that setup there is only a gap of .003.

I think the U3 is to tight for most sporting clay courses.

The U2 will break just about anything you will find in sporting clays.

The only thing I don't like about the C3 is the cleaning it needs when I get done shooting.

Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Nice. I don’t carry anything closer together than .010”.....but I shoot mostly open country course, so I’m not that picky. A pair of U3’s work fine for me, and if I had to epoxy a pair in, it would be 3’s, or a 2/3 combo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:

Depends on where you shoot. U2 (I/C) is a decent choke for a lot of the shots, but where I shoot, there are always 3-4 separator stations where you batter have a mod (U3) or tighter in.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:

Thanks

You answered that very same question a few months ago when someone inquired about Brain chokes and how well they worked. Here is what you said then:

Quote:
You people do know that you are not buying a replacement heart?

You are buying a choke!!?? If it don't work for you sell it to someone else.

Problem solved

So, since you are looking for answers, you might consider one that you provided yourself... or don't you find that answer helpful?

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Quote:

Depends on where you shoot. U2 (I/C) is a decent choke for a lot of the shots, but where I shoot, there are always 3-4 separator stations where you batter have a mod (U3) or tighter in.
U1 and U2 suits me well. I have U3s for my guns and have never used them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The U1 and U2 work very well most of the time. It is unreal how far U1 will break targets hard.

Most of the time I was shooting the U2 combo.

Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:51 am 
Tournament Grade

Dear S/W members,

I have not posted in here for some months, pretty busy producing chokes and doing a lot of R&D on new innovations in shotgun chokes and stocks.

I would like to point out that is remarkable how fast a thread about BRAIN Chokes turns into thread about other brands. I do not mean that this is a bad thing, consumers must have plethora of offered goods, this is a big part of enjoying hobbies. The fact is that I see this happening only with BRAIN, of course it maybe a coincidence.

Now, about cleaning easiness Terry mentioned, BRAIN Chokes are renowned for their mirror level polished interior and that they clean far easier than almost all other brands. In fact, members in here have said that they never needed to clean them until after tenths of thousands of rounds.

About the weight, they weigh the same with the majority of other steel choke tubes and less than some. On the other hand, if you use any choke tube made of aluminum with medium – heavy shot charge of steel shot, then you better buy pliers and find a really good gunsmith, internet is filled with such cases. BRAIN Chokes can be used even with magnum BB steel shot, including the tightest, the BX / C7 (0,056”).

I think that the major criteria for choke tubes selection (as in any other similar case), is the way they perform. BRAIN Chokes are in the pleasant position where ALL actual owners, have reported excellent comments and reviews (not a single negative so far), while all negatives comments have come from people who have not even seen one, not even from a distance (“experts”, “scientists” etc). The same has happened with all comparison patterning tests, BRAIN Chokes are always the better patterning ones (see JacksBack above), comments varying from “best by far”” to “yeah..but not so much”! To support the above, I will mention one comment I received just yesterday: “Hello Christos, I tried this weekend the C4 Brain Choke Invector Plus, I enjoyed it immensely.“ V.B. Belgium

Now, I would like to announce that by the end of the month or first week of July, BRAIN will present the new invention for Competition chokes, the FLEXI MUZZLE. The Belgium shooter mentioned above is one of the first who received Competition chokes equipped with FLEXI MUZZLE and his comment was for his C4 / Flexi Muzzle. Flexi Muzzle is added to the original “Choke-in-Choke” BRAIN inner profile.

Another good new is that we found a law to avoid the VAT for the chokes going to non-European Union countries (as USA) so the price will be lowered a lot!

The BRAIN Stock will be presented end December and this will be the craziest of all our innovations.

So stay tuned on BRAIN Choke website. News will be announced also through banners on S/W pages.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 am 
Diamond Grade

I was intrigued by the Brain chokes but never to the point of jumping in and buying. If I were to buy one I would be looking for something that would be slightly more open than M

I am shooting my A400 for virtually all my 12 gauge targets and prefer to change chokes minimally so with that I have gravitated to tighter chokes. A 2.5 in the brand I have been shooting for years now would be perfect in my opinion.

Benelli SBE 2
Beretta 303
Browning Auto 5 light 20
Release Triggers by Phillip's Gunsmithing

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 am 
Tournament Grade

Initial post by Terry:
"I was wondering if anyone used the new Brain Chokes and how did they work for you?"

Newer post by dpe2002 :
"If I were to buy one (!) I would ..."
Dear dpe2002, please let me understand how your post contributes to this thread.

This is what I meant above.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Diamond Grade

Olympian Shooter wrote:
Initial post by Terry:
"I was wondering if anyone used the new Brain Chokes and how did they work for you?"

Newer post by dpe2002 :
"If I were to buy one (!) I would ..."
Dear dpe2002, please let me understand how your post contributes to this thread.

This is what I meant above.

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes

My apologies!!!! Have a wonderful day

Benelli SBE 2
Beretta 303
Browning Auto 5 light 20
Release Triggers by Phillip's Gunsmithing

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Christos,

I am anxious to see the Brain Stock. Can you give us a “Christmas in July” sneak peek?

:)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Does anyone have a C2 I can try?

Muller Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Field Grade

Christo- kali sou mera!

can you tell us a little bit more about the flexi muzzle and how it is different than the current offerings..

thanks in advance..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:50 am 
Tournament Grade

dcblvsh2 wrote:
Christos,

I am anxious to see the Brain Stock. Can you give us a “Christmas in July” sneak peek?

:)

Dear dcblvsh2,

Sneak peek in July not possible. But, since I have noticed how much you really love stocks and everything about them, I will PM you when the invention will look...like a stock and send you photos and full description of the BRAIN Stock.

The rest of you just think that there is a possibility to have to charge your recoil counterattack multi adjustable BRAIN stock before competition (and maybe keep a power bank in the shooting gear bag).

Regards

Christos
BRAIN Chokes