It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Belgium Made Citori ??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am 
Limited Edition

Were any Citoris ever made in Belgium ? If not, then what O/U besides the Superposed were made there ?

Post subject: Re: Belgium Made Citori ??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No. I mean, there's always the possibility of some one-off bespoke gun, but no production guns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:55 pm 
Presentation Grade

The Superposed was/is a model B25 (a designation not assigned to the Superposed until consideration was given to building a different model O/U.....and how to differentiate the models).

B-125's were essentially of B25 design but were assembled from parts from other sources, so partially manufactured / partially built / partially assembled in Belgium and Portugal.

I would have to verify, but I believe I would be correct in saying the B26 'Liege' (circa 1973?) and B27 (1984?) were both made (or at least assembled) in Belgium - the B26 as an attempt to develop a lower-cost alternative in the FN-produced/Browning-marketed O/U product line. The B27 was an FN-produced and FN-marketed gun, never intended for sale in North America.

Neither B26 and B27 are a 'Superposed' and I stutter to place them in the same sentence with Superposed.

Interesting question. Why do you ask?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I was asking because of this ad: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vb ... &id=225826

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 pm 
Limited Edition

John , this appears to be a B26 or B27. If Browning is in gold letters on the receiver ( it appears so) then it is a B26. See Anatidaes reply

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Limited Edition

Followup from seller: " It is not a Citori, but was manufactured by Browning in Belgium to offer a non Japanese made O/U. There is no model name or numbers on the gun at all, but I’ve been told it might be a B26? "

thanks for the help

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That looks like a B27 that I had. Fixed choke gun. I paid $500 for mine and shot it for a while before it went down the road.