It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What shell do the pros shoot?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

marist89 wrote:
I'm partial to hand-loading 15/16 oz of specially made 8 1/8 shot going at 1271fps. My 8 1/8 shot has laser guided pellets that seeks out pitch targets with 97.38% accuracy. I am working on bio targets, not quite there yet. Each pellet has a sensor that detects impact with the target and has a secondary accelerator that will give it more energy at the final phase of flight. My loads are outlawed by the NSCA ... for now. I have a team of lawyers working on new rule changes that will allow my new shot to be put into manufacturers shells by the 2019 US Open. But they only work with 15/16 oz at 1271fps.

With all that math it's no wonder you never change chokes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jtw wrote:
marist89 wrote:
I'm partial to hand-loading 15/16 oz of specially made 8 1/8 shot going at 1271fps. My 8 1/8 shot has laser guided pellets that seeks out pitch targets with 97.38% accuracy. I am working on bio targets, not quite there yet. Each pellet has a sensor that detects impact with the target and has a secondary accelerator that will give it more energy at the final phase of flight. My loads are outlawed by the NSCA ... for now. I have a team of lawyers working on new rule changes that will allow my new shot to be put into manufacturers shells by the 2019 US Open. But they only work with 15/16 oz at 1271fps.

Working on a revolutionary choke too. Think diamond coated plastic with built-in range finder to adjust the choke constriction. Like the old dial-a-choke but the laser reads the distance and adjusts the constriction on-the-fly. I've probably said too much already.

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021 #marist89ForAC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Forget about shells, pros: boxers or briefs?

Last edited by ysr_racer on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

marist89 wrote:
jtw wrote:
marist89 wrote:

Working on a revolutionary choke too. Think diamond coated plastic with built-in range finder to adjust the choke constriction. Like the old dial-a-choke but the laser reads the distance and adjusts the constriction on-the-fly. I've probably said too much already.

Where do you put the laser? If you put it on the left or the right side of the gun, wouldn't that cause it to dominate one side of the gun or the other and putting it underneath would make the gun shoot high, no? Or is that all covered in the patent application?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jtw wrote:
Where do you put the laser? If you put it on the left or the right side of the gun, wouldn't that cause it to dominate one side of the gun or the other and putting it underneath would make the gun shoot high, no? Or is that all covered in the patent application?

If I were only calculating distance, one laser would be enough. If that were the case, I'd just put it in the forearm next to your hands so it is parallel to your sight plane. However, since you need three lasers to accurately calculate distance and trajectory, it works out quite nicely (I put the lasers in the choke itself, that's why it's got to be plastic). No matter where you screw the choke in, all three lasers triangulate the target and calculate it's speed and distance.

But I've probably said too much already.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Will you bring some of that ammo Sunday?

aka Mr. Tactful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dogchaser37 wrote:
Will you bring some of that ammo Sunday?

It doesn't work in semi-autos.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

:shock: :shock:

aka Mr. Tactful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Has anyone listened to the podcast “behind the break”? Several Pros have been on it recently touting their “sponsored” shells. Doesn’t seem to be much of a difference to the Pros. Who’ll sponsor me is what they are most concerned with.

Personally, I like Remington Nitro, STS, Clever T3, or Fiocchi Crusher, or little Rhinos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Delete

Last edited by jml on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for the answers, some great some pretty goofy but I expected this as I am on many forums and get tired of people asking how to clean their guns or mount a scope.

From what I surmise , a premium, fast, 1oz load of #7.5 seems to be the leader. I just finished my first night of leauge shooting. Clever Mirage 1oz 8's and a few B&G

when I put in some AA Super Sport, the recoil became VERY noticable.. I think i'll find the 1oz AA

My score on the first round was a 31/50, second round 41/50

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I’ve developed a new line of shells hitting the market soon that will Be game changers.

Called Marley Hemp-Tungsten. Tungsten iron shot buffered with 100% organic hemp pellets grown on the high mountain, east facing slopes in Jamaica.

And if you think paper hulls smell sweet, these will blow you away. Almost a drug like sensation.

Seriously good stuff man.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 pm 
Crown Grade

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
I’ve developed a new line of shells hitting the market soon that will Be game changers.

Called Marley Hemp-Tungsten. Tungsten iron shot buffered with 100% organic hemp pellets grown on the high mountain, east facing slopes in Jamaica.

And if you think paper hulls smell sweet, these will blow you away. Almost a drug like sensation.

Dude now this game will be seriously addictive. :lol:

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:

Do they come with the snack size Doritos after every stand?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 am 
Field Grade

Not a Pro, but I can miss using any brand of shotshells! :lol: