CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First auto!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:06 am 
Utility Grade

Well, I have decided that I want an auto. I mainly plan only using the gun as a turkey gun, with a little of sporting clays on the side. I have it narrowed down to the mossberg 935, stoeger 2000, remington 11-87, or the cz 712. This is a hard decision to make and I already know that none of these models will shoot light target loads. Please feel free to state pros and cons of each model or any other guns that fit into the less than 550 category.

Post subject: Re: First auto!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The CZ will definitely shoot light target loads I have used mine for SC and run around a thousand rounds through it not one problem. I'd recommend it over the others Liked it so much I bought a 720 yesterday at Cabellas very nice gun. It is also about $250 less than the Remington and lighter.

Do you need a 3 1/2 ? You really don't need it unless you are doing lots of long range waterfowling.

I personally prefer the gas operated gun over the inertia operating system. Shot a friends new SBEII that is suposed to be 40% les recoil and that thing kicks like a mule. I never thought Id like an auto but after having had one I think I'll be leavng my other guns in the safe a lot more.

"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more , is none"
Bill S.

Post subject: Re: First auto!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I also vouch for CZ712. Get one while they're still sold at promotional prices.

P.S. Here is an even better deal:

Huglu 601 GB for $199, it's the same shotgun sold under the name of CZ712 for $350. It is the same mfg.

http://www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/ ... =Long+Guns

This post is © Copyright 2004 Incitatus Owns Your Liberal Arse LLC