CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Angelo Zoli O/U
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:44 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought a new Angelo Zoli O/U from a small gunsmith/dealer in NJ in 1991. This dealer had bought remaining stock from a distributor after Zoli folded. He originally told me the gun was a Silver Snipe.
I have been trying to value this gun, but I find many discrepancies in the Silver Snipe descriptions and what I have.
The gun is a 12 ga., ss trigger, 2 3/4" chambered, 26" barrels, the barrels are virtually vented from the foregrip to about 2" from the muzzle. The receiver is heavily engraved silver with the word "Fighter" on the bottom. There are sling studs in the stock as wells as the bottom barrel. It is also imprinted with "BSA Nord, Buffalo, NY". Any help in identifiying this piece will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Post subject: Re: Angelo Zoli O/U
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:45 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Are you sure that your gun is an Angelo Zoli? The reason that I ask is that most Angelo Zoli guns were marked A.Zoli. Antonio Zoli also marked some of his guns A.Zoli. Angelo Zoli's maker mark was a drawn bow with ZOLI in the place of the arrow.

Antonio Zoli made an O/U by the name of Sliver Snipe. I thought that they were only sold on the European market.

BSA,Birmingham Small Arms did not make O/U shotguns that I am aware of but they have been making guns since the early 1860s so you never know. Today they only make air guns.

Angelo Zoli went out of business in 1987 so if you bought a gun from Angelo Zoli in 1991,it was four years old.

Hope that this little bit helps. :?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:41 am 
Utility Grade

Definitely an Angelo Zoli. It is clearly marked as such. I believe the gun is a 1987 as you suggest, when I bought it in 1991 it was in new unfired sondition.

I also thought Antonio Zoli made the Silver Snipe but the Blue Book has Silver Snipe listed under Angelo Zoli as well. I think thats were the root of confusion stems from.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:33 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Krispit, Well, there seems always confusion when the Zoli name comes up. I cannot find a Silver Snipe under Angelo Zoli. It is possible that the gun was one of the guns that were sold by The Itialian Bank of Brescia when they took over Angelo Zoli's assets but that is just a guess.

If someone has a 1985 or 1986 Fjestad's handy, the gun may be listed there. Mine are on loan.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A5guy, the 25th Edition of the Blue Book does list a Silver Snipe under Angelo Z. However, I don't see one listed under Antonio Z. There is a Golden Snipe under Antonio.

Confusing as hexx, isn't it?

According to the BB, the Angelo Z Silver Snipe was discontinued in 1987, and the bank didn't take over until 1989.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:09 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

It sure makes one wonder if these two guys were related,friends or bitter enemies! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:00 am 
Utility Grade

not to add to the confusion but i too have a zoli and it is only marked with "ZOLI" it was bought in 1989 soo would it be antonio/angelo?
Quote:
hands are for shake'n not tie'n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:20 am 
Utility Grade

I also have the same gun. I am having a problem with mis-fires. Heard it was typical with this O/U. Any suggestions on where to get parts? -H

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just purchased an Antonio Zoli 20ga O/U on Gunbroker and his logo is a drawn bow with the name Antonio. Angelo Zoli's logo is not a drawn bow. Here is a link to what I purchased. Scroll down in the pictures and there is a photo of his logo.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=41766129

As stated in the BB Angelo Zoli folded and Antonio is still in business but I do not know if there is a current importer for Antonio Zoli.Antonio's parts do not fit Angelo's products.

This is the first time I have posed a URL here so maybe you will need to copy and paste into your browser if the link is not alive[/url]

:oops: Oops I guess my fingers/mouth out ran my brain, maybe Angelo's logo was a drawn bow with the name Zoli but Antonio's logo is Antonio Zoli on the drawn bow.

I am stating to remember more than I ever new! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

:?: Wow, here is another link that shows Antonio Zoli using the drawn bow and just Zoli?? Go figure :|

http://www.zoli.it/kronos.php

Post subject: re: Angelo Zoli O/U
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16 am 
Utility Grade

Hey Guys- Antonio Zoli has been in business since the mid-1800's and now has a permanent presence in North America. Our website is www.zoli.it. Parts and service for all current models including Z Gun, Dakota,Verona, Sig SA3 and Ritmos can be found at Cole Gunsmithing (207-833-5027). Parts are not available for most models from the 50's,60's and 70's. Gunter Pfrommer (540-484-5555) will make parts for these models if you are patient.
I know little of the Angelo Zoli guns except for what I have learned while in Italy, where they were considered to be low cost production guns.The guns had many problems and caused the company to fail.
Antonio Zoli srl manufactured guns for Ambercrombie and Fitch, Holland and Holland, Beretta,Sig, Kreighoff,etc. as well their own models.
Paolo Zoli, grandson of Antonio Zoli, now runs the company with Zoli family members as well as many generations of Zoli gunsmiths.The new models reflect his desire to produce high quality guns to compete with the best on the market.Steve

Post subject: re: Angelo Zoli O/U
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:13 am 
Presentation Grade

Antonio Zoli shotguns where also sold by Sears in the 70's