CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pride of spain shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:32 am 
what is it with POS shotguns? does ANYONE know ANYTHING about them. i inherited a 12 ga sxs 3 in chamber marked POS pride of spain. side of barrel says made in spain. bottom of gun says sloans s g co ridgefield ct. i have spent days (literally) trying to find info on gun. have checked out the 'net, blue book, friends etc NOTHING!!! (not entirely true, did find one forum mentioning the guns but all that was said was no info available.) from previous experience i know a little about sloans and the c daly connection but that is of no help. please help, who made them, whats the value(need for insurance),and any history would be appreciated. if i did not have one in my possesion i would swear the things don't really exist!

Post subject: Re: pride of spain shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:51 am 
Crown Grade

Well if you know a little on the history ( http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=9336 scroll down ) then you know about all I could find in several long search sessions.

I also did find reference to an earlier version and a later version.

have you tried tracing the proofmarks? http://web.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones_larga_lisa.html

Post subject: Re: pride of spain shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:49 pm 
Field Grade

Hello,

The POS Pride Of Spain shotguns were previously imported in USA by Sloan's Sporting Goods(located in New-York and Ridgefield CT.) , a part of the Charles Daly organization. They were manufactured by ZAMACOLA Hermanos (RIP) previously located in EIBAR. The manufacturer mark stamped on the receiver and under the chambers is probably a H over a Z( and not a Z beside a H for ZABALA Hermanos!), sometimes with a crown over.