CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lig Eibar Spanish double barrel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:46 pm 
Got a friend here at work that was wanting to find some info on this gun (any websites?).
He use to have one, but it got stolen awhile back.

Not even sure if that's the name of the gun. He says that was what was on it.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Lig Eibar Spanish double barrel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:06 pm 
20 gauge magnum.

s/s barrels.

After looking around on here.... I think that the "IG" in "LIG" stands for the manufacturer Gregorio Zabala. (note sure)

Is the "L" in "LIG" for the year or model? (maybe Lamber?)

And, I've come up with that it was made in Eibar, Spain.

(any websites with this gun would be appreciated)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I think you are on the right track, but without having more detail to search with , you might have a long hard search..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:57 am 
The letters LIG mean La Industrial Guipuzcoana, and was a company founded in Eibar Spain some years ago by a group of small gunsmithers to face the industrial crisis,That´s all I can tell you. Hope it´s useful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:57 pm 
Just bought an L.I.G. Elgoibar 10 gauge double. It's solid, and a pleasure to shoot even with Federal 3 1/2" slugs. I had the barrels cut to 24", as it will be used as a defensive double in grizzly country. Would love to find out where I can contact the company.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:50 am 
Presentation Grade

Go to www.spanishguns.com . They have the most complete list of both Spanish proof and manufactures markings I have found. If you can't identify the gun from those lists, write an e-mail to the contact us section. Takes a few weeks, but they'll get back to you with the best imformation available.

'Lonzo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:31 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Just bought an L.I.G. Elgoibar 10 gauge double. It's solid, and a pleasure to shoot even with Federal 3 1/2" slugs. I had the barrels cut to 24", as it will be used as a defensive double in grizzly country. Would love to find out where I can contact the company.

To the person who recently bought the Elgoibar 10 gauge, please e-mail me at; ehall_50@yahoo.com Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:55 pm 
Utility Grade

How would I value a Lig Eibar 20 guage magnum by Francisco Sarriugarte vrom 1967?