CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Buffalo Bill Cody" 12 gauge bolt action?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:29 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi guys, Im new to the forums, and Ive got a stumper of a problem to start off with. I inherited a 12 gauge shotgun from an uncle of mine up in the mountains, and Im baffled as to the origin and any estimate of its value. The barrel is engraved as follows:

Buffalo Bill Cody (engraved in cursive)
12 Ga 2 3/4 Inch
Full Choke Patent Pending

The gun itself is bolt-action and cartridge-fed, for slugs I suppose? The barrel does not appear to be rifled, and there is NO other writing anywhere on the gun...no manufacturer (at least nowhere in sight) or serial number, nothing. Can anyone help me figure out what Im dealing with here? I appreciate any help anyone can offer, Im totally at a loss. I can post some pics if someone can tell me how! Thanks!

Lonnie

Post subject: Re: "Buffalo Bill Cody" 12 gauge bolt action?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:48 pm 
Crown Grade

I think your gun was made by Kessler

Does it look like either of these?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=35205439

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=35042073