CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stanley Arms Co.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:02 am 
Field Grade

Can someone tell me a little about my gun?

It is a 16ga. SxS hammer gun. Says Stanley Arms Co. on the side and has Belgium printed on most steel parts including the Demascus steel barrels.

I don't know anything about the gun. It was my fathers and he would not allow us to shoot it as kids. I had not seen it in years until my mom gave it to me the other day.

It's a pretty little gun. Has a cool deer and hunting dog engraving on the butt.

Also, who would you reccomend to check the gun out in my area(Central Texas) and do a little restoration? I want to make sure the gun is safe and will not be harmed before I try and fire it

Thanks in advance, Tim

Post subject: Re: Stanley Arms Co.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:41 am 
Diamond Grade

I can tell you that Stanley Arms shotguns were made by F. Dumoulin and Co., a Belgium gunmaker from about 1894-1930. Your gun was probably made for Wiebusch & Higer of New York City around 1904. Folsom Arms is also a possibility. In good condition, it may have a little value. Although I cannot recommend any good gunsmiths in your area (someone will possibly come along who can), I do encourage you to have the gun checked by a competent gunsmith, as modern ammunition could prove to be a hazard.