CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mossberg c-lect choke?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:22 pm 
Utility Grade

where can I get some info on the c-lect choke system and there pros and cons as compared with the accu-choke system.
thanks for the help.
REMBERG

Post subject: Re: mossberg c-lect choke?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:32 pm 
Field Grade

This is an obsolete choke tube system Mossberg used on mostly very inexpensive bolt-action shotguns. I have such on a very early 20 gauge 500 pump. Finding the tubes is quite difficult. The only reason I have the barrel with that choke is because it was on a the shotgun when it was given to me as a gift.

About the only place you can find info on them is here:

http://www.havlinsales.com/

Virtually any choke system is better than this. In addition to being as homely as a mud fence, the C-lect choke has the threads on the outside of the barrel where they are very easy to damage.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

NuJudge wrote:
This is an obsolete choke tube system Mossberg used on mostly very inexpensive bolt-action shotguns. I have such on a very early 20 gauge 500 pump. Finding the tubes is quite difficult. The only reason I have the barrel with that choke is because it was on a the shotgun when it was given to me as a gift.

About the only place you can find info on them is here:

http://www.havlinsales.com/

Virtually any choke system is better than this. In addition to being as homely as a mud fence, the C-lect choke has the threads on the outside of the barrel where they are very easy to damage.

Don't think I would agree with much of anything you said except that the C-Lect choke is no longer in production. I suspect that is because the current Accu-Choke which uses choke tubes is less expensive to manufacturer.

It is very similar to the current Poly-Choke system and the only threads on the outside of the barrel are covered by the adjustment sleve.

I have had a few over the years and I think there is still one in the family and it still performs very well. Ugly is in the eye of the user, and performance and the convience of quick changing choke settings can easily make something look a whole lot better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yeah, I think that NuJudge must have the C-Lect choke mixed up with something else. The C-Lect choke works well and is very similar in appearance, function, and performance to the Poly Choke. I bought a Mossberg 500 pump for my nephew about 18 years ago and it had the C-Lect choke on it. I would have no qualms or reservations about buying or using one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Shhh...

I keep telling you guys not to tell anyone about all those kool old variables...

Drives the prices up on eBay...

:lol: