CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 16 gauge side by side riverside arms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:49 pm 
I am looking for information on a 1914 16 gauge side by side shotgun made by riverside arms can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: 16 gauge side by side riverside arms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:41 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Riverside was a Stevens brand name. My catalog lists models 215 (exposed hammers) and 315 (hammerless). I'm sure the 1914 you found is part of a patent date, not a date of manufacture, but this name was dropped sometime around 1940 (certainly before WWII), so your gun was made in that time period.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I believe I have the 315 model. Does your catalog show any other information regarding this shotgun? I found a website where I can order a reprint of the J. Stevens Arms catalog #57, 1927, which allegedly has this gun listed. I'm just curious if such a catalog shows anything other than name and price in it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:29 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The catalog I refered to is The Standard Catalog of Firearms, and it has no information about individual Stevens SxS models and precious little general information about the whole group. The actual Stevens catalog should give more.