CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger P350 Pump- Not Impressed
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I occasionally doof through various gun stores & sporting goods shops in order to educate myself about current firearms, and today I had occasion to handle a Stoeger P350 pump at Gander Mountain. This is the new pump gun that looks like a Benelli Nova. I have to tell you guys, I'm definitely not impressed with this one.

I like pumps in general, and the Nova in particular, and this is DEFINITELY NOT a Nova clone. The one I examined was clunky and awkward, and worst of all, difficult to cycle. There was no debris inside the receiver, and yet I was able to jam the action four times in perhaps a dozen cycles. The only thing I found that I liked was that the action bars are corrosion-resistant- stainless or plated.

I judged the $139 NEF Parner pump in the next rack to be a better value, and I honestly would not pay even $139 for the Stoeger I handled, much less the $249 asking price.

Post subject: Re: Stoeger P350 Pump- Not Impressed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:57 am 
Crown Grade

Many people are buying these cheap Turkish guns and are going to find no parts or service after a few years. Buy from an established brand but be careful as some of the second tier group are importing this crap. Almost all of the gun failures I have seen in the last couple of years are Turkish guns.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:37 pm 
Utility Grade

OleTymer... How do you figure stoeger hasn been an established brand? Of course they're not as high quality as they were back in the day, but hey what gun is? Stoeger has been around for a long time. The p350 may be a piece of crap but my 2000 duck gun is great. How do you figure I won't be able to find parts for this gun? Benelli owns stoeger. They have the same parts as an m2.It's the same gun without the name brand of benelli, without the advertising and without the better looking finsh. The stoeger brand is a working mans gun for the man that can't afford high dollar guns like all these name brand freaks. I'm not saying your one, but the point is all my stoeger 2000 is awesome; everyone i have talked to that has one says the same. And by what i have heard from people...at least with the 2000 model...getting parts hasn't been a problem. Duck season shows what a gun is made of, and so far... the stoeger is one reliable fair priced gun. It aint a 870 but it works for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Stoeger is an more of an importer, not a manufacturer. Like Charles Daly. Some of the stuff they have brought in is junk, some is very functional, very little is fantastic. All depends who they are buying from and when. Now that Beretta owns them too maybe their stuff will get better.

I know it has been hit and miss with their O/U's One guy I know has one he loves and it functions fine. Another has a newer one of the same model and had it sent in for repair because it wouldn't fire. It went for repair with a single trigger and came back as a double. :roll: He was NOT HAPPY!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

greenheadgrimreaper wrote:
How do you figure I won't be able to find parts for this gun? Benelli owns stoeger. They have the same parts as an m2.It's the same gun without the name brand of benelli, without the advertising and without the better looking finsh.

wow thats so wrong its not even funny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Seaark1660 wrote:
Stoeger is an more of an importer.....

They're not "more" of an importer... they're an importer.... period. Stoeger doesn't manufacture ANYTHING. It's all made by somebody else, to their specifications, with their name on it.

Their over/under, for example, is made by IGA in Brazil.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:31 pm 

I thought Stoeger was the marketer and Benelli was the importer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Crazy Hair... Stoeger... being owned by Benelli... is LICENSED to use the inertia driven system. The 2000 has the EXACT same internal working parts as an M2. The insides of the gun, which is the most important part, is the same. There are no 2 different ways to build the inertia bolt system. It either is or it isn't inertia driven. The benelli has a better finish, but who cares. When your duck hunting the finish WILL get chipped. It has the benelli name which makes some people feel all safe and warm inside... Aint nothin wrong with breakin down and buyin a chepar gun if you have researched it and realized that it IS the same gun as far as functionality goes. Now granted the p350 is a hunk of sh*t, the sxs are iffy from gun to gun and the o/u are the same, the 2000 is a hell of a gun. I know it pisses you high dollar gunowners off to hear this but...I'd go with the 2000 as far as functionality and price goes...after all it IS the same gun. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:37 pm 
Limited Edition

Just to clear a few things up. A Stoeger M2000 is not a Benelli M1. The parts are not interchangable. Yes they are both inetria shotguns. M1 has the recoil spring in the stock and the M2000's recoil spring is around the magazine tube. I know of no parts that can be used on both guns, except the choke tubes. Beretta owns; Benelli, Stoeger and the manufacuter of the M2000 Vusan as well as several other gun companies. I don't think parts are going to be hard to find for a long time.
As for Turkish crap there are plenty of people complaining about 11-87's and Extrema too.

Post subject: re: Stoeger P350 Pump- Not Impressed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:36 am 
Presentation Grade

there is nothing wrong with the stoger p-350..I have one,and it is one of the best pumps I've ever owned...just because it's made in turkey doesn't mean any thing.....3 duck hunting buddies of mine all use remington{american made} some kind of problem every year we have hunted together...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

greenheadgrimreaper wrote:
They have the same parts as an m2.It's the same gun without the name brand of benelli,

The Stoeger 2000 is an inertia shotgun like the Benelli. It's not the same shotgun as the M2 or any Benelli for that fact. The 2000 inertia spring system is in the forearm of the shotgun like the Franchi I-12. Benellis inertia spring system extends from the rear of the receiver into the back stock. These systems although both being inertia driven are definitely different. The rotary bolts are similar but not exactly the same either. Actually, the Franchi I-12 is a more refined copy of the Stoeger 2000. Just take a look at the Franchi I-12 and Stoeger 2000 Illustrations in their sales booklet for this year. These 2 shotguns are virtually identical regarding internal working systems. Neither of these shotguns is really like the Benelli ID system when you take a closer look. Some similarities but not the same... These facts don't make the Stoeger 2000 a bad ID shotgun. Many guys have these shotguns and claim they are very reliable. I shot one that was every bit dependable as the Benellis some of my friends own. They do have a higher return rate then the Benellis that cost 2 to 3 times more... Imagine that..? :lol:
The Stoeger 2000 is a decent blue-collar shotgun for the money without the bells and whistles of more expensive ID shotguns. They are also very light to carry in the field just like Benelli autos, which is not a bad thing in my mind. My opinion is they are one heck of a shotgun for $350 to $400. The Stoeger P350 super magnum pump does look similar to the Benelli Nova at a glance... I havn't had a chance to take a real close look at the P350 though at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:44 am 
Limited Edition

Wow, there's more misinformation and pure BS in this thread than found in a Democrat campaign speech! :wink:

This one's junk, that one's iffy, those are rough, it's like this one, owned by so and so..............yet, you guys keep buying this stuff..... amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:32 am 
Tournament Grade

I DO believe this section of the forum is called "GUN OPINIONS"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Well then we need another sub catagory.... one for misinformation & fiction! :lol: Oh no, can't do that, most of the other catagories will have a lot fewer posts!

Post subject: Re: re: Stoeger P350 Pump- Not Impressed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:55 pm 

hardnose wrote:
Well then we need another sub catagory.... one for misinformation & fiction! :lol: Oh no, can't do that, most of the other catagories will have a lot fewer posts!

What consitutes misinformation and fiction on this thread? Me, I thought it was quite spot on.

Amassing a stockpile of shotshells