It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi 612 VS barrels
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:23 am 
Utility Grade

Hello, I am new to this forum, so please bare with me. I just purchased a Franchi 612 VS defense model, it has 18" barrel, sythetic stock and matte finish. I was wondering where could i purchase a 26" or 28" barrel in matte finish. I want to use this gun for dove, quail hunting. I was told by Franchi that i can purchase a 24" barrel but not sure if it was matte finish and if thats long enough for dove, quail hunting. Can you please help me out here and let me know what barrels are available and if a 24" barrel is adequate enough for hunting dove, quail, rabbit. Thankyou for you help.

Post subject: Re: Franchi 612 VS barrels
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:33 am 

Welcome to SGW. I would go with a 26" barrel for doves and quail. If you can't get one thru Franchi you might have to try the used market like guns america etc. The barrel for both the 612 and 712 will fit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I own 2 612Vs and I insisted that both of them come with 24". I ordered a 30" ported Sporting barrel through the same dealer that ordered the guns. Basically, it is a matter of the dealer picking up the phone and giving their Franchi sales rep a call. Usually, as there is no FFL transfer needed for barrels, they can "2nd day Ground" it.

in my opinion, 24" is the way to go, an excellent compromise. I folded under the pressure of the sporting clays crowd that I needed a 30".
Malarkey.

Tourette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:23 am 
Utility Grade

Cool and thanks for the info but could you let me know the name of the company that u purchased your 24" and 30" barrels. The place i bought my 612 is really no help and they dont want to bother i think. Once again thanks for the input. If you have a phone number that would be great also. thanks alot.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:07 pm 
Utility Grade

I realize this post is 13 years old, but I have recently purchased the Franchi 612vs and am looking for a 28" barrel. Do you have a dealer you could recommend?