CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 870 Trench gun
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:25 pm 
Utility Grade

At the gun shop in my home town they have a Remington 870 trench gun that was made in the 60's. it is in very good shape. dos anyone know how much money a gun like this is worth?

Post subject: Re: Remington 870 Trench gun
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:39 am 
Utility Grade

No one here know anything? is fourm Sucks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:47 am 
Tournament Grade

Is it a goverment ? Bruce Canfield has done alot of work in this area. Is there a bayonet lug and heat shield. Is it a put together fake G.I. model. Try www.Jouster.com.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This is the 2nd post I've seen that you've made about this forum sucking.

How old are you anyway?

Seems to me like you need to grow up. Do you expect people to reply to your post with 100 answer's in 10 minutes. If you do, then you're in for a rude awakening.

If you don't like the nonresponse's you've gotten, then feel free to move your question to another website instead of bitching about this one.

Skeet aren't hard to hit, just easy to miss....!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jonathan Norris wrote:
At the gun shop in my home town they have a Remington 870 trench gun that was made in the 60's. it is in very good shape. dos anyone know how much money a gun like this is worth?

Not enough info to go on. The advice to check military shotgun forums on jouster.com is also very good, but be prepared to provide some detail on the piece regarding markings, finish, obivous and not-so-obvious alterations and add-ons, etc.

I would posit that it's not that this fourm sucks, but the vague question you asked that is repsonsible for lack of response.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:42 pm 
Utility Grade

"Do you expect people to reply to your post with 100 answer's in 10 minutes"

10 Minutes!
Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:25 pm that is more then a 30 days! and I expect at lest ONE reply. and now that I pist evry one off I seem to be getting more replys then I did being nice.

fowler, thank you for the link.

Scoupe, the finsh looks like a new gun. it has the bayonet lug/heat shield (like a m97) and it has a "US" on the reseaver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:04 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

How do you know the production date? The Vietnam era military shotguns were mostly Ithaca M37s,Savage M77Es and Winchester M1200s. Is the U.S. mark an ordanance mark like a flaming bomb or is it just stamped U.S.? There are many fake "trench guns" out there. A photo and a complete description would help.

Sorry that you feel that we suck. However, we get many descriptions of guns such as yours. It is foten as if someone would ask "I have a 1960s Ford 150 Pickup,what is it worth".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:05 am 
Utility Grade

It is just a U.S. I dont have any pics, I dont know if it was made in the 60's, the guy at the gun store told me that. it looks just like the 870's that have the M7 (M16) bayonet lug, but it has the bayonet lug/heat shield/sling mont for the M1917 bayonet just like the Win's. dos anyone know if these guns were ever made like this
http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/milshotgun/shotgun.pl?read=4411
the gun in the link just like the one I am talking about, but the bayonet mont is difent, it dos not have QD sing monts, it has monts like on a M1,M14,M16 ext.