CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:08 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey everybody.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with CZ shotguns, particularly their SxS's. I did a general search for CZ and got zero hits, so it looks like not many have them. They seem like a great deal to me, complete with chrome lined barrels and a black chrome exterior finish. Any input on CZ would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a link:

http://www.czusa.com/01.05.php

Post subject: Re: CZ Shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looked at one recently, it's a Huglu. Looked good, fit and finish pretty good, looks like a lot of gun for the money. I have a Huglu and am pretty happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:25 pm 
Field Grade

I recently got a 28 ga Bobwhite and love it. I still have some adapting/learning to do to adjust to the straight English stock but when I do everything right it does the job :). The wood is very nice and the case hardened frame looks good too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:27 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought they looked like the best quality in the sub $1500 range. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:54 am 
Field Grade

Does any one know about their auto's? What type of after market chokes will they take?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

kodiakemt414 wrote:
Does any one know about their auto's? What type of after market chokes will they take?

I was looking into them before I bought my Nova. I believe they take Beretta chokes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:05 pm 
Field Grade

Yes, they take Beretta/Benelli style chokes, I just put a 720 on layaway yesterday. Two friends have the 720 and both have ran flawless from day one. I love the matte finish and dull wood, the wood will be black before long.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

I got a CZ720 youth model for my daughter, but we haven't had the chance to shoot it much. Going to try it this weekend. I think it has a very good fit and finish. Chrome lined receiver and barrel. 5 chokes. Cool!

Follow-up: Took my daughter out for some clay shooting this past Sat (10/15). She got to shoot about 50 or 60 rounds and the CZ720 performed great. So far, so good.

Last edited by CrusherT on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:20 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a CZ 712 and love it. The 12 GA uses Beretta Mobil chokes but I understand the 20 Ga does not. These shotguns are made by the Huglu Cooperative in Turkey. This is the same group that makes the DeHann shotguns. They have more choke info in the Dehann Forum or the DeHann web site.

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for all the replies so far, anybody else? Particularly in fit and finish?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:00 am 
Field Grade

I have a Huglu SXS, which is the same exact thing that CZ is marketing currently, specifically the one they call a ringneck. I've put a ton of orunds through it on the skeet range and haven't had any problems. personally i think it looks nice too, but you'll get a lot of arguments on that here i suspect. the turkish guns get some bad press, some valid, some put out by brand name snobs. i would only recomend putting your hands on the one you buy to inspect the wood to metal finish yourself, as opposed to buying online. also, if you like what you see on the cz website, when you go looking for a gun keep your eye open for the ones branded Huglu, theya re the exact same gun for 200 dollars less.
cheers.
aaron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:37 pm 
Utility Grade

I picked up a CZ 720 last week. Have only put a couple boxes of shells thru it - but so far it has functioned flawlessly and I've had no problems with feeding, ejecting or breaking clays in the back field. It feels good in my hands and points very well. The fit and finish are quite good. The solid walnut stock is not too bad looking and I love the way they tapered the top of the forearm. The barrrel is stamped "Huglu" so they must make it for CZ. I was looking around for a light weight auto to drag thru briars rabbit hunting and not have to worry about it getting scratched or banged up a little. Aand also something to use for dove hunting. Ran into this gun for $295 NIB. They were selling 712s for $275 but I was set on a 20 g. It's hard to do better than that for the money these days - unless you just happen to run into some kind of weird super clearance sale. If the gun holds up - I think I will be very pleased with it. I believe CZ has a service center in Kansas City if it needs repair. Anyone looking for a autoloader in this price range should check it out. One thing I don't like is the safety on the rear of the trigger guard. I really prefer them in front - but that wasn't a show stopper for the price.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'm considering buying a 20gauge CZ Ringneck in the future. I like CZ's warranty much better than Dehaan's. Dehaan does however, have excellent customer service from what I've read on this site. For me, warranty is a huge bonus and CZ offers 5 years!

http://www.cz-usa.com/04.02.php

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:06 am 
Utility Grade

Just took my new CZ Bobwhite 28ga out for the first time last night. I think I'm in lust. It's a little to early for love.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:34 am 
Crown Grade

I own a 410 O/U....excellent value for the money. I would buy a 28 ga but want 30 inch barrels. I`m still waiting on a cynergy.