CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Original Remington Metal Folding Stocks for Model 870.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,
Remington Arms used to manufacture a metal folding stock with a plastic pistol grip for their 870 P series guns. The stock folded up over the top of the barrel. I am interested in purchasing one of these folding stocks.Any assistance as to availability and a reasonable price to expect to pay for one would really be appreciated.I've seen some of the aftermarket parts and was not really impressed.Thanks!

PS: I'm new here and really enjoy the site :D

Post subject: Re: Original Remington Metal Folding Stocks for Model 870.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:44 pm 
Crown Grade

I've seen them on ebay from $75.00 to $100.00.

Post subject: Re: Original Remington Metal Folding Stocks for Model 870.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:43 am 
Limited Edition

I recently sold one for $75 shipped. This was the one I sold:

I found that the original Remington Design was unique in its application but sadly deficient in comfort. The newer sidefolding stocks were much more comfortable to me. I was happy to get rid of this one as I did not enjoy shooting the gun.

My first remington Folder came on a 870P from the early 80's. I hated the feel. When I found this one at a good price recently I snapped it up but put wood furniture on it immediatly. I was happy to get rid of it for $75 as it further reduced the cost of a fine shotgun. :)