CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need really small .410 youth single shot
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:14 am 
Utility Grade

I need some advice on a really small .410 single. Some of the so-called youth guns are really more of a womens sized gun and still a bit big for the young shooter. I have seen some really short singles in the past but can't remember who actually made them. Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: Need really small .410 youth single shot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:32 am 
Limited Edition

bmurray wrote:
I need some advice on a really small .410 single. Some of the so-called youth guns are really more of a womens sized gun and still a bit big for the young shooter. I have seen some really short singles in the past but can't remember who actually made them. Any help would be great.

Hello,

I would recommend the Baikal junior model gun. I have it and have shot with it for 7 years now, another guy, on the general forum also recommends it alot. Great gun, if well cared for. Easy to break down, easy to clean. Shoots good too, and all kinds of ammo, from 3" magnums, to short 2" ers. It has a short length of pull, small stock, and a short barrel (24"), and most importantly, low weight. It really depends on who's shooting it, how tall is s/he?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

I once bought a NEF single shot and had a gunsmith cut the stock to fit my son. he did a great job; looked like the gun eas made that way, and cost me about $60. The only difference was that this was a 20 gauge, but you can find light loads for them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:25 am 
Utility Grade

This may or may not be what you are looking for but when I was young, (late 70's) my father bought me a single shot .410 "snake charmer" . The gun was extremely tiny and short and by five years old, yes five, I was mastering the art of shooting aluminum soda cans with 2 3/4 shells. I saw a version of this gun in a gun shop in the late 90's. Just like my original but it had a safety instead of just a hammer and trigger. For the really small young gun this would be absolutely ideal. I'd assume someone out ther knows where to find one. If not get in touch with me and I'll see if I can help. Thanks, Ox.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

As robie said, the New England Firearms single shot .410 is really small and has almost no kick. Thats what I started out on and its a really great starter gun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:25 pm 
Field Grade

Rossi makes a .410 / .22 cal combo gun. The overall length is 31.5" and the length of pull is 12.5". They sell for about $150, including the case. It is a great gun for kids. Good luck - Stu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:35 am 
Utility Grade

I agree on the Rossi set. I started my daughter on a 20/22 combo when she was 7. This was the smallest match I could find and she LOVES it still. She now shoots a Browning BPS but still has a soft spot for the old Rossi Single.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:38 am 
Utility Grade

I agree on the Rossi set. I started my daughter on a 20/22 combo when she was 7. This was the smallest match I could find and she LOVES it still. She now shoots a Browning BPS but still has a soft spot for the old Rossi Single.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:40 pm 
Presentation Grade

my cousin has a rossie .410 with the 22 and my bro has one for his doughters it is .410/17hmr cool little guns light and small it comes with the two barrels and a padded little bag good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
Field Grade

Beretta01 wrote:
As robie said, the New England Firearms single shot .410 is really small and has almost no kick. Thats what I started out on and its a really great starter gun.

Same here, I got mine when I was eight.