CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My sawed off Double Barrel 12 ga.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I didn't shoot it. I was only about 13 at the time and my dad had better sense than to let me give it a shot. After I saw it go off, I had no desire to try.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:01 pm 
Crown Grade

recoil is heavy. After 5 or 6 shots you are about done with it for a while. I like heavy recoiling handguns, but like Dirty Harry said."A man has to know his limitations"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:19 pm 
Field Grade

what does the law say about switching pistol grips on one of these? its the manufactured barrel length that gives it the $5 stamp right? can you change the way the package is put together? for example, if i bought the rem 870 serbu, could i then put a knoxx breachers grip on it? and maybe change the forend? or would it be the same paperwork to make one myself from scratch?

"Big bikes, Ferraris and .44 Magnum revolvers are something beyond fun; they are man-made machines so powerful and efficient in their own realms that they challenge a man's ability to control them" Hunter Thompson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Mine stated it's life as a full stocked shotgun with a 20 inch barrel, so mine had to be registered as a SBS($200) I can put any stock or pistol grip I want on it. I used a Police trade in Wingmaster that I all ready had.

To be an AOW($5.00) it had to start out with a pistol grip. You can use any pistol grip you want, but it can NEVER AT ANY TIME have a full stock on it. You can build one from a new reciever. I think this what serbu does.

Serbu can build them either way, either as a SBS or a AOW depending on what the customer needs to comply with his state's regulations.

I prefer SBS to AOWs. It gives me the option of using what ever configuration I want.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:52 am 
Field Grade

Well that's really cool. Thanks Banshee. Rediculous laws, but at least there is a way to make it work better for us broke folks.

"Big bikes, Ferraris and .44 Magnum revolvers are something beyond fun; they are man-made machines so powerful and efficient in their own realms that they challenge a man's ability to control them" Hunter Thompson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:52 am 
Presentation Grade

we cant have sawed off shotguns over here, we cant have barrels less then 24".