It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lanber o/u
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:52 am 
Diamond Grade

UNITED SHOT: Here you go!! :)

Subject: RE: Question about Lanber O/U shotguns Date: 05-23-2003
Author: jimx200 Reply
I too have the 2097 and am very pleased, best I have seen in the sub $1500. range. The 2088 has the black receiver with upgrade wood,palmswell, less drop in stock. Only avail. in 28" barrels. The other model is same gun as 2097 with upgrade wood, engraved sideplates. I got an email from a top shooter in the UK and he has shot his Lanber approx. 20,000 rounds without malfunction. I especially like the non-ported barrels. Just ordered the 2087 (3" and 28"barrels) for hunting. How I wish they made these in 28 or 20 ga.! Good shooting. FYI, I spoke to Batchelder Master Gunsmiths (warranty center) and repairs on Lanber have be almost nil.

He ordered the 2087, he said, because he didn't want to abuse the 2097 while hunting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

I know two people at the range with Lanbers and they paid around 650 new. These guns have not given any problems. I have shot both and will eventually get one and camo dip ii for hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:19 am 
Tournament Grade

Well I have both a Lanber and a Beretta, and I must say that I really rate the Lanber. As I've said before, the Lanber will stay in my cabinet and will never be sold. The Berettas have come and gone (and I'm looking avariciously at a Blaser at the moment :)).

It has performed flawlessly, firing thousands upon thousands of rounds, and has never let me down. It's one heck of a gun for the money.

Here's another vote for a Lanber forum :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

UK Shotgunner......................You and I are Lanber buddies from now on.......I can't find a thing on my gun that would not be up to parr with any other brands. It is finely finished. :) I just think that some guys are just unaware of their quality.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:24 am 
Presentation Grade

UK shotguner - Shoot the Blase before you buy it. Many people who have shot it say it kicks alot. Very well made. These were all skeet shooters that are used to heavy guns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:43 am 
Tournament Grade

ron73644 wrote:
UK Shotgunner......................You and I are Lanber buddies from now on.......I can't find a thing on my gun that would not be up to parr with any other brands. It is finely finished. :) I just think that some guys are just unaware of their quality.

Ok buddy :)

The finish on mine is excellent too. Good wood to metal fit and everything. Maybe you're right - they are unaware of the quality.

I spoke to a gunsmith friend of mine and he was saying that he has very little trouble with them. They are easy to service and rarely break. Nice to hear :D

infanterene wrote:
UK shotguner - Shoot the Blase before you buy it. Many people who have shot it say it kicks alot. Very well made. These were all skeet shooters that are used to heavy guns.

Thanks. I shot one (a standard F3) very briefly the other week and I didn't particularly notice much difference in recoil. Maybe I was too busy admiring the gun at the time though :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:27 pm 
Field Grade

I've owned a 2087 for two seasons now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Shot my first grouse with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'd like to at least look at one (Lanber) but no one around here carries them. I have looked at the Verona's an liked them, then BC Outdoors dropped them. I don't see them anymore, anywhere, even Gander doesn't have them.

I'm not going to buy a gun without seeing if it fits me first. That just the way I am.

Skeet aren't hard to hit, just easy to miss....!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

EyeMissum wrote:
I'd like to at least look at one (Lanber) but no one around here carries them. I have looked at the Verona's an liked them, then BC Outdoors dropped them. I don't see them anymore, anywhere, even Gander doesn't have them.

I'm not going to buy a gun without seeing if it fits me first. That just the way I am.

That's a fair comment.

My local gunshop over here in the UK stocks them and they generally fit me like a glove without any adjustment which is great :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

androu wrote:
I had one(2097 sporting) and sold it a few months ago , to get beretta 686 .

It's a good gun if you want to start with something cheap , but it will shoot loose in a few thousand rounds.

The best thing to do is to put in something extra and get a basic Beretta or Browning , or a Miroku.

I'm going to grease mine, oil it, and clean it. :lol: :lol: